How do you get Back in
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

How do you get Back in

good evening devildogs im a young pup who got a Medical Dicharged very early in my carreer i heard rumors that i can get back in and i heard rumors that im SOL i was rated 30% by the va and i just wondering is it possible to get back in oh yah im on the tdrl list and re code in 3p thanks Semper fi

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

good question

Made me look at my DD-214 my code is RE-3F anyone tell me what my chances are?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The best thing to do is speak to a recruiter and bring your DD-214 he will most likely get you in touch with a prior service recruiter. From what I have heard and read many are waivable and can also be upgraded through the complaint process. Here's a link that may help you;

http://www.ig.navy.mil/Complaints%20...t%20Codes).htm

Hey Jinelson...thanks for that link...i pulled my 214 out again also...thinking about getting back in also..really really helpful.

What are Reenlistment Codes?

These codes are entered on military discharge documents and characterize a Navy/Marine Corps member's future eligibility to enlist or reenlist after discharge or separation from the military service.

RE-1- Eligible for reenlistment.

RE-1A- Eligible for reenlistment.

RE-2- Ineligible for reenlistment. Recommended for reenlistment but ineligible because of status: Fleet Reservist Retired (except for transfer to TDRL), Commissioned Officer. Warrant 0fficer, Midshipman, Cadet.

RE-3A- Failure to meet area aptitude prerequisites. Fully qualified for enlistment, provided mental criteria of table 2-1 are met. Alien.

RE-3B- Restricted assignment. Parenthood. Pregnancy.

RE-3C- Reenlistment authorized by CMC only. Ineligible for enlistment, unless waiver is granted. Conscientious Objector.

RE-3D- Failure to meet disciplinary standards. Ineligible for enlistment, unless waiver is granted. Demonstrated dependency or hardship not meeting criteria specified in BUPERSMAN Article C-10308.

RE-3E- Failure to meet education prerequisites. Fully qualified for enlistment provided education criteria is met. Erroneous induction.

RE-3F- Erroneous enlistment.

RE-3G- Condition (not physical disability) interfering with performance of duty.

RE-3H- Hardship

RE-3K- Disenrolled from Naval Academy, not considered qualified for enlisted status.

RE-3M- Marriage.

RE-3N- Importance to national health, safety or interest.

RE-3P- Physical disability (includes discharge and transfer to TDRL). Obesity. Motion sickness. Disqualified for officer candidate training.

RE-3R- Rank reappointment restriction. Ineligible for reenlist unless waivered

RE-3R- Professional growth criteria. Ineligible for reenlist unless waivered

RE-3S- Sole surviving son.

RE-3T- Overweight

RE-3U- Minority

RE-4- Not recommended for reenlistment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are Administrative Separation Codes and Reenlistment Codes the same?

No. Administrative Separation Codes are used to represent the reason the service member is leaving the military service, i.e., 213, Discharge for retirement as an officer. For more information about discharge or separation from Naval service, see Administrative Separations, on this website.

The reenlistment codes represent an enlisted member's ability to return to military service, i.e., RE-1, fully qualified for reenlistment versus RE-4, ineligible for reenlistment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do I change a reenlistment code?

You must first submit your request to change a reenlistment code to BUPERS (PERS-254).

Following a response from BUPERS and depending on how long you have been discharged from the Naval service, submit a request to change the RE code by writing to the Board for Correction of Naval Records.

More about BCNR on this website.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I'm 60 and willing. I've got a real quick first step and I don't need a whole lot to sustain (1 six pack and some BBQ'd ribs). I don't know if that's good enought to get into any service but I'm game.
    Good luck Devildog and anyone else who wants to contribute. Go for it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    just give me orders for iraq and i'll even provide my own 782 gear and m-16s (have two).

Credits
    Savings
    For a medical discharge, you would need to get a waiver that states your disability will not effect your ability to maintain PFT scores or you are fit for duty. Also, if you had recieved seperation pay you can never re enlist.

As well the 3F will most likely not let you re-enlist either due to it basically meaning you lied on your previous enlistment.. .

What's the difference between a RE-1 and RE-1A?

from my understanding.. nothing...

Re-3c

I was honorably discharged in 2000 with a RE-3C. One week after receiving the RE-3C, they mailed a NAM to my mom's house for my work as the Battalion Safety NCO. The stated reason for my sh**ty re-code was getting 3 NJPs (2 battalion level) during the first 13 months of my enlistment. I got busted down but still managed to pick up E-4 before I was discharged. I ran a 1st class PFT, always qualified at the range, and won a NAM. However, I still got hit for getting into trouble during the initial part of my enlistment. I want to reenlist (I was turned down from being an officer earlier this year b/c of my re-code) but I have to finish up this last year of law school. I'm still in great shape physically but will turn 30 in Feb 07 right before I graduate law school. What are the chances of me going back in enlisted?

Re-4

Is there any hope for an RE-4

Re-4

Hello everyone, hopefully someone here can gimme an answer.
    I am still in fr now but will be hiting my EAS on July 8th im gonna get an honorably but with an RE-4. I was in a jet ski accident where my best friend died, we were both marines both drunk, it was an accident, I was charged with Misdemeanor invoulantary manslaughter without gross negligence and recieved 3yrs probation from California and NJP for DUi by the Corps, is there anything I can do to get back in, to any service? I am a 4.6/4.7 Marine ither than this no other trouble at all , I heard that the Army National Gaurd is will grant a waiver? I just want to stay in i already missed my 2nd tour in i raq I just wanna get back over there and re-join the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by champrt78
    Hello everyone, hopefully someone here can gimme an answer.
    I am still in fr now but will be hiting my EAS on July 8th im gonna get an honorably but with an RE-4. I was in a jet ski accident where my best friend died, we were both marines both drunk, it was an accident, I was charged with Misdemeanor invoulantary manslaughter without gross negligence and recieved 3yrs probation from California and NJP for DUi by the Corps, is there anything I can do to get back in, to any service? I am a 4.6/4.7 Marine ither than this no other trouble at all , I heard that the Army National Gaurd is will grant a waiver? I just want to stay in i already missed my 2nd tour in i raq I just wanna get back over there and re-join the fight.
    From my understaning, unless you can get it upgraded, a '4' is an absolute death sentence to any re-enlistment possiblities...like I said UNLESS you can get it upgraded. It will be hard enough for me to get around my '3' but a '4' is next to impossible. My advice, and what I would have done had I known how important it was at the time was FIGHT the RE-Code tooth and nail...don't sign anything consenting to it. If your service is honorable then you have some leverage...don't give in.

Thread Information