Newbie's virgin post here.
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Newbie's virgin post here.

I want y'all to put 'em together and give a hearty OOOOOOOOHRAH for me, DeepRecon.

Credits
    Savings
    Welcome Home, Marine!

Glad to see ya here! We needed a couple more Recon types runnin around. Kinda rounds out out MEU don't ya know!

Welcome aboard bro! You are in Missouri right? You are not outside my window hiding in my bushes are you? LOL

Semper Fi,
    Jerry

Cool WELCOME ABOARD

Welcome aboard and home................Also welcome to the best Marine site on the net..............Stow your seabag in the corner, pull up a footlocker and chat awhile...........Stop over at the Slop Shute, tell Gary, Drifter sent you and he will buy you a drink..... Again welcome aboard.........

Sempers,

Roger

PS: Bones' bark is worst than his bite.........LOL

IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY LATE HUSBAND, SSgt Roger A. Alfano, USMC
    ONE PROUD MARINE
    1961-1977
    Vietnam 1968/69
    Once a Marine...Always a Marine

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1204617174

Devil Dog For Life Platinum Member Gary's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Cool Welcome aboard

Marine, as thedrifter said stop by the Slop Shute when you get yourself squared away.

Sgt G.A. Blake

Marine! the title says it all

DeepRecon

Welcome Home Marine;

Good of you to hunt us out. Stop by the Chat anytime and introduce yourself. You'll feel Welcome there as well.

Glad your here Man.

Y'er first drinks on me.

rich

Richard B. Greene
    J A M

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Welcome aboard bro.
    stow your gear, grab the wild turkey, and we'll skip ballbuster tonight, we can get your new rock tomorrow! OOORAHHH!!!!

Registered User Free Member Barndog's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Welcome Bro.

You can have to long rope outta Bone's 46 or 53, or you can take the rope outta my Huey "Anytime-Anywhere" (HML-267)

Take this Gentleman Jack Daniels and call us tommorrow, or for that matter, whenever ya feel like it.

OOHHHHRAHHH!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Welcome aboard DeepRecon. Are you the same poster over at MODF?

Well awrighty then! Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I'm in St. Louis - not hiding behind any bushes - and, yes Kegler, I am the same DeepRecon from MODF.

Camp Talega huh ? Home of the quonset huts full of snake eaters...you guys rock ! Down at Las Pulgas,we knew to stay outta your A.O. unless it was for a scheduled social call. Don't remember a time when Arty ever got a call to help you guys out.

Cool

Welcome Deep Recon...glad you could join us.
    We are a bunch of Marines on a mission.
    The mission is to help each other, listen and have a blast. Join us for drinks in the slop shute.

Credits
    Savings
    DeepRecon, I was with 2/7 at San Mateo from 75-77. Weren't you guys down the road at Camp Talega?

I was with HQ 1/11 at Las Pulgas from the end of '73 to '76...Mateo was the last stop going north to Talega...From San Mateo going south was San Onofre then Horno, Las Pulgas and a long stretch to Margarita before getting to Mainside.

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    Quanset huts were at MCRD San Diego in '58, so I felt right at home in Quanset Huts at the old Camp Kinser of Okinawa in '60.

A ritual at MCRD was a sand field day. Everything out of the hut. Everyone (78 of us) brought in a bucket of sand, followed by a bucket of water. Then scrub brushes to clean it up.

On Okinawa, to kill mosquitoes, the smoke fogger trucks would spray the area. Occassionally, a friendly driver could be pursuaded to back up to a hut and rev it up until the smoke poured out of the other end of the hut, preceeded by a quantity of ****ed off Marines who got a rude awakening.

I was sorry to see the quanset huts go.

Thread Information