For The Soon to be's
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Phoenix Rogue
    Guest Free Member

For The Soon to be's

Im just starting out getting in mental and physical shape.
    And im not sure where to start out. Where did the rest of you guys start with your PTing and so on?

< Like to point out im not trying to inconvienience any Marine >

Run Run Run....Pull-Ups...Pull-Ups..Pull-Ups..Crunches..Crunches...Crunches...Run...Run...R un...

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I hear that the first two weeks are the hardest. Is that true? If not, what do you think is?

I just answered this somewhere else, but

there is a lot of info posted on how to get into shape for MCRD. The Marine Corps has a fitness program they recommend for you folks.

I do believe that link is posted somewhere in the POOL-ee or Mentor forum for your convenience.

Registered User Free Member ktriplett's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by Super Dave
    Run Run Run....Pull-Ups...Pull-Ups..Pull-Ups..Crunches..Crunches...Crunches...Run...Run...R un...
    Can't get much better advice than this. Also, be reading your welcome aboard booklet. Learn the General Orders and Rank Structure.

Phoenix Rogue
    Guest Free Member
    Thanx guys I appretiate it.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Learning the General Orders and other information that you will soon be required to know, will be useful. Fortunately, I joined my High School's USMCROTC program. Ther I had to learn those things before I enlist. Not only will knowing that information help you in Boot, but you can aide other recruits too. And hopefuly, in doing so, be seen by your DI's as a real leader. (in other words, Know yourself, and seek self improvement.)

USMCFOREVER
    Guest Free Member
    I heard that the first month you shouldnt draw any unnecessary attention to yourself...my PT is a little different, on wednesday(could they make that day any harder to spell) my recruiter takes all us poolees out and works with us, 3 mile run, then a ton of calisthenics. My least favorite so far is monkey f***ers, where do they get these names? I do all of these everynight now to try and get ahead of the rest of the poolees in my area.

If you don't have access to the General Orders and some of the 'other' Marine Corps "stuff" it's posted on the site.

Quite possibly in the POOL-EE Hall and Mentor forums!

Registered User Free Member Barrio_rat's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by USMCFOREVER
    I heard that the first month you shouldnt draw any unnecessary attention to yourself...
    Good luck there... Never heard of a recruit that didn't draw attention to themselves at least sometime in Boot Camp. Everyone gets a turn - some more than others. Best thing to do is, listen - follow orders, learn from your mistakes and learn from the mistakes of others.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Originally posted by USMCFOREVER
    My least favorite so far is monkey f***ers, where do they get these names
    You should try Mother f***ers...those are just as fun and I'm sure once you do about 50 of 'em you'll understand where they got the name from . If you don't know what they are its this:

1. Lay on back and make a cross shape like you are about to be crucified.
    2. Lift legs up into air.
    3. Keeping legs together and straight, move to the left and touch the ground.
    4. Move legs to right side.
    5. Repeat.

Good stuff though. Works out your abs pretty good .

We do alot of "dive bombers", as that is what the new Marines who graduate from our RSS tell us that is what they did alot of. It is almost like a pushup. You are in the pushup position, and you stick your butt up in the air. You come down at an angle, touch your chest to the floor, and extend your torso up and past your hands (looks like a yoga move). And then you REVERSE it. These are killer. Doing even 10 will get the ol' arms feeling like jello. And if anyone knows, I would like to get some more info on the monkey f' ers. Every little bit helps.

Yours in Intensity,

Joe

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Monkey f'ers are when you grab your ankles and squat up and down. Really gets your quads in shape.

Thanks Seeley

Registered User Free Member ktriplett's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I was told the other day by a recruiter that they've stopped doing monkey f***ers in boot camp because they're bad for the knees. I can understand why, with the squatting, but they sure make your quads burn.

Thread Information