If no Marine Corps?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If no Marine Corps?

Ok, Im sure we have all heard about the various time in this country's history where people in various parts of the government have called for the disbannedment of the Marine Corps. So this question is for everyone, wannabebes, poolees and Marines. Where would you be or where would you have gone if there was no Marine Corps?

Revolution? Would take some prehistoric sized stones to do that now. Im assuming you want us to pick another branch of service in THIS country, though? Navy I suppose.

I would probally go to another country.

in all reality i wouldnt go to GB. i think i'd bust my a** and go to Ranger School.. but i'd flush out cuz all i really wanna be is a MARINE!

I'm not quite sure I get the logic of leaving for another country's military.

I can understand the bias towards the Corps, trust me I had the same issue...

But it's Unit, Corps, God, Country...and one of the major reasons you're joining is for the better of the USA. Leaving the country kind of defeats that purpose.

Me? I'd probably go Army, I know that'll draw flak around here but it'd allow me to go Sniper (a job I was very interested in in the Corps).

Registered User Free Member lovdog's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Probably Army Airborne. Jumping out of a plane is about as close as you get to having the "state of mind" of a Marine.
    1. You know what you are about to do, there is a chance when you jump that you may not live to see another day. (much like the Corps)
    2. Once you do it, you want to do it again. (like the Confidence Course)
    3. You get to do "cool stuff", like blowing sh*t up! (like the C4 class or throwing a couple of grenades @ Lejune)
    4. You still have Mentors above you that say all kinds of motivating phrases like "Hit them fu*king beaches"!! (Much like our beloved Drill Instructors did)
    5. You still face the "live fire" courses while crawling thru the mud & getting all tangled up in the "wire" - with the thrill of tracers inches above your head!! (Like the Infiltration Course)
    6. On the bright side, you don't have to depend on the Navy to give you a crapload of worn out sh*t that they were going to get rid of anyway at the local landfill and figured it was okay for Marines to use - Marines can make anything work in the Navy mind!!
    7. If you're Airborne, you won't have to hit the beaches in an Amfib, they'll drop you inland where you at least have a 20% chance of survival. (Not like the Marines - they'll have everyone go in in Ambibs cause Marines are tough, and according to Mr. Rumsfeld - an expendable commodity) (Maybe I read between the lines, he really didn't say that - he only implied that!)
    8. The Army gives better bonuses!!
    Why did I join the Marines again - I forgot? Was it the same reason we got married - because we love abuse!! Later dudes! SF

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Lets just thank God that we have a Marine Corps that has stood up to all threats foreign and domestic and prevailed for over 230 proud years.

Why did I join the Marines again - I forgot? Was it the same reason we got married - because we love abuse!!
    Haha! thats great. Im telling that to my girlfriend. Thats probably the only reason she will understand

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I took the liberty of changing Francis Pharcellus Churchs,Christmas editorial in the New York Sun in 1897 to add a little humor to this post.

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

JimmyK, your little friends are wrong. They have been affected by the skepticism of a skeptical age. They do not believe except they see. They think that nothing can be which is not comprehensible by their little minds. All minds, JimmyK, whether they are political or governmental, are little. In this great universe of ours, man is a mere insect, an ant, in his intellect as compared with the boundless world about him, as measured by the intelligence capable of grasping the whole of truth and knowledge.

Yes, JimmyK, there is a United States Marine Corps. It exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion to God and country exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! How dreary would be the world if there were no Marine Corps! It would be as dreary as if there were no poolee’s. There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, and no romance to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight.

The external light with which the Marine brotherhood fills the world would be extinguished.

Not believe that there will always be a United States Marine Corps! You might as well not believe that guns will kill. You might get your papa to hire army men to watch in all the perimeters on each and every night to catch Marines doing their job in every clime and place if they dare, but even if you did not see Marines, what would that prove? Nobody sees Santa Claus, but that is no sign that there is no Santa Claus. The most real things in the world are those that neither children nor men can see while they rest peacefully every night in there beds. Did you ever see fairies dancing on the lawn? Of course not, but that's no proof that they are not there. Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders that are unseen and un-seeable in the world.

You tear apart the baby's rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world, which neither the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived could tear apart. Only faith, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, JimmyK, in this entire world there is nothing else real and abiding. Many have tried to disband her but they all failed in these most recent times.

No Marine Corps! Thank God! It will always live and will live forever. A thousand years from now, JimmyK, nay 10 times 10,000 years from now, the United States Marine Corps will continue to make glad the heart of men, woman and children from sea to shining sea.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper
    I took the liberty of changing Francis Pharcellus Churchs,Christmas editorial in the New York Sun in 1897 to add a little humor to this post.

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

Excellent Chuck, simply excellent.

well said, could not have said it better

If there were no Marine Corps... I wonder if that is even possible. I mean, with all the jarheads in government and other high places, and with the track record of the Marine Corps I'm thinking America may have to die before the Corps does.

Thread Information