Food at Basic? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Food at Basic?

LoL.....Wow...went I went to MCRD the last thing on my mind was the chow situation. I just kind of figured at some point I might get to eat something. I wasnt to worried about the leafy greens. lol. I also didnt have Leatherneck to give me a day by day account of what to expect. I was going to be a Marine and that was it. One day I showed up , it sucked , and then I was a Marine. The end.

That's why having Leatherneck as a resource is so nice. Sure, it takes a lot of the "mystique" out of what i'm in for, but at the same time it lets me get prepared a little bit better. Although, that might be a bad thing. My recruiter says that you don't start to succeed in boot until you become "humble", so sometimes having everything memorized beforehand can make you overly cocky and get you smacked down over and over by the DI's.

No dont get me wrong ...If I would have had this forum when I was joining I would have been here everyday also. Im just saying let boot camp come. When you get there all your questions will be answered by your friend the Drill Instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179
    friend
    Your forgot the "s around friend there!

Thanks again, sir.

its also great to have friends who are Marines.. they'll tell you anything you wanna know about recruit training.

I can't wait to just get to the "ole yellers". No matter how much i know its still going to be a MAJOR culture shock for me Cant wait!!

You know what I'm honestly really excited about?

Pugli Sticks. I know that basic is all about business, not fun, but those things just like the most fun ever. Seems like an updated and tougher version of what my friends and I did when we were little, hitting each other with foam covered PVC pipes.

Credits
    Savings
    The food is quite good, one of the best things about boot camp. Althought that's about the only difference in recruit training for the males and females. Male recruits get begals, lasagnia, pizza, french fries, onion rings, cake, brownies, cookies, etc. We don't get any of that sh!t. The only thing they serve in 4th battalion chow hall is healthy food, no nice deserts or anything, the best we get is jello or pudding, which that runs out fast. And at weapons, all we get are diet trays.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorix
    The food is quite good, one of the best things about boot camp. Althought that's about the only difference in recruit training for the males and females. Male recruits get begals, lasagnia, pizza, french fries, onion rings, cake, brownies, cookies, etc. We don't get any of that sh!t. The only thing they serve in 4th battalion chow hall is healthy food, no nice deserts or anything, the best we get is jello or pudding, which that runs out fast. And at weapons, all we get are diet trays.
    That is why they used to call you WM's BAM's. I really don't know if that term is used at the present time for Women Marines.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine
    That is why they used to call you WM's BAM's. I really don't know if that term is used at the present time for Women Marines.
    Gunny, I got away with the BAM thingy once before.

You be on your on!!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by MKocher
    BAMs?

A less than affectionate term describing our sister Marines.

Methinks Lorix, or one of our other fine Marines, can fill you in, and I suggest you pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165
    A less than affectionate term describing our sister Marines.

Methinks Lorix, or one of our other fine Marines, can fill you in, and I suggest you pay attention.

Between this and MKocher's "Girl Pushups" comment, Lorix is going to have a field day when she arrives.

GET SOME

I'm a sad panda

I think Crazy brave is right.

Thread Information