Food at Basic? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Food at Basic?

I will most definately remember that. Thank you.

Very informative thread. Thanks to all participants.

ill tell you something; after eating the chow we had at good old MCRD for about a week, it was some of the best that I had ever had, anyone remember getting homesick while looking at the flag of your homestate in the chowhall? haha

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Cole11,

It was some of the best chow I ever had. Of course it was the only chow we had while dity-bopping at Parris Island. Seriously, I hope that since it has gone to the way of contractors the dinning facility still has the same feel to it. The feeling of the hat breathing down your neck while trying to eat duck...LOL

Am i supposed to get the duck joke or is that after i leave boot? I dont get it.

You're gonna duck in and duck out. It's quick. Sure there is plenty to choose from but this isn't olive garden. don't be that recruit that has to have every last salad topping or the one who needs to spread the jam over each piece of bread etc. Pop that **** in your mouth, take a bite of your bread and be done with it. Make sure you're not chewing when you stand up. Otherwise, stand by.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdy2gopoolie
    Yes sir. Thank you.
    "Yes Sir" will do just fine, but drop the Thank You.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Rdy2gopoolie,

As your answers have been answered I hope that you catch on also that there are mind games that will be played. These definately build character. Nobody ever died from grasping at everything that was said and done to them. You need to be toughened up alot...!!! But you are cathcing on. Now that we have esablished what "duck is", there are other things that you need to know about recruit traing. Old Marine put it very well. But like JoeSzynal put it there better not be food in your su$# as you will learn what these terms mean when you arrive it isn't too difficult at all. If you have food in your mouth then how can you exspect to sound off if the drill instructor calls on you for a mission that only you can perform...??? I would not call the drill instructor other than drill instructor either, unless you want to go to the rose garden. This is the gathering place for people like you that have violated the rules. By the way what depot are you all going to..?? I loved my time at Parris Island. Anybody else...???

Yes, sir. Parris Island. 20060807.

Quote Originally Posted by GySgtRet
    unless you want to go to the rose garden. This is the gathering place for people like you that have violated the rules.
    what exactly does that mean, sir? is that like quarterdecking?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Zippo,

I am glad to see you pipe in finally. Excellent question. From this point forward you may as well get used to calling us Marines in here so I am what you call a Gunnery Sergeant. So if I were you pups I would get some knowledge on the Marine Corps Rank structure. Zippo, back to your question. Quarterdecking is where you do part of your dailey 7, 8, or whatever the drill instructor feels that you need work in. For instance if you happen to be a little bit slow at getting on line and the entire squadbay is waiting just for you well then the drill instructor will probably fine the time for you to do bends and thrusts, side strattlehops, and of course the ever lovable leg lifts or maybe even morning ladies. Seriously, I would do alot of reading and like I said before get you knowledge banks filled with knowledge. What are your recruiters doing for all of you...?? You seem to have questions that I used to answer when I was on the street, that street being recruiting duty.

My recruiter doesnt do anything!! Thats why i ask so many questions.

I mean he answers a few questions but is always "too busy" and never wants to PT because it's too cold out. I just avoid going there for too long because I feel like unwanted company in the office.

Thread Information