smokings/killings
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    msf
    Guest Free Member

smokings/killings

i know this might sound stupid and make me sound like a pu***, but what are the types of smokings/killings the DI's will give out.
    for instance, whats the most amount of pushups youve ever had to do at once. what happens in the pit. i want to know all of this so i can prepare my self. right now im doing about 200 pushups and 300 situps a night, along with running 2-3 miles everyother day and lifting everyother day and doing windsprints in baseball. are there certain kinds of pushups they make you do? ever make you do clapping ones etc. thanks in advance for the people who post.

also - to the di's and DrillInstructor, what were/are your favorite punishments to hand out. thanks

ive heard they do alot of mountain climbers and other "fun" excersices

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    All in good time dear poolie.... all in good time (insert evil laugh here)

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    The Drill Instructor will not kill you but you're body would wish it was dead. You will do your fair share of push ups,bends&mothers, side staddle hops and various other exercises until you can't do any more. The Drill Instructor will push you and push you. He will know your limitation's.You think that you will but son you will not. However you will find out very quickly. DON"T GIVE UP! You will pay for your mistake's.The mistake's of your fellow recruits and just for the hell of it!

The Drill Instructor and the depots have an SOP to go by so hopefully you will not get killed. Hundreds of thousands of young men and women went through recruit training at all the depots and training areas before the island and San Diego and the statistics show that very few have died. The deaths that have occur ed, have been from unforeseen physical or mental problems, carelessness and some from lack of judgement.

Set your mind in place and your body for if you make it to the depots and cross the grinder you are in for the biggest ride of your life! To emphasize what my fellow Marine comrade mrbsox said,
    All in good time dear poolee.... all in good time.
    Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

it still feels like sooo long away.

msf
    Guest Free Member
    i didnt mean like "killing" as in murder i meant like smoking = killing, just another term for smoking or punishment

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    When I originally replied to this post I was fully expecting to read about how tobacco and second hand smoke kills. The terminology of the ninety's and the 2000's keep me guessing daily for a definition and the new word meanings added to the Funk & Wagnall & Websters dictionaries.

The question after clarification of the meaning was answered to the best of my knowledge. Fear of the unknown is a waste of time and mental and physical energy. Each situation for every poo lee and recruit will be different. You may think that you are keeping a low keyed profile but you would not be there if the drill instructors didn't know who you are. You will find out that the Marine Corps will know you better than you think. Give it a few days after you leave the receiving personnel.

If you are in the physical shape that you say you are. The next objective is get your head wired to your ass and you will be fine. Boot camp is 75% mental and the rest is physical. Maybe not in your case but by the time you leave the recruit depot you will be in top physical shape or would have been dropped long before. The key is endurance and mental attitude.

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

I honestly have no idea how many pushups were done at a time ...all i remember is being up on the quaterdeck for hours a time ...my drill instructors called it Olympic time.

Credits
    Savings
    Hey outlaw, did you ever have to "fill the diamond" on the quarterdeck? Man, do I remember that!!!!!

no what was that? lol..whatever it is Im sure it was evil and sadistic.....just the way the DI's like it . lol

easy way to explain it is fill the diamond with your sweat...and oh u make the diamond with your diamond pushup position.....It better be overflowing out of the diamond..hahhahah ahh sounds so fun let me go find some recruits......

msf
    Guest Free Member
    drillinstructor, are you online in the barracks?

msf
    Guest Free Member
    howd the diamonds go?

The first thing that used to happen is we would break down every recruit so that they all started off in the same state of physical readiness. We as Drill Instructors trained each and every one according to Marine Corps standards. Once you are broken down, then it really gets to be a fun time.

Thread Information