Help with pullups - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I had a little trouble with pull ups in the beginning i will tell you what helped me total fitness. i went from a football player benching over 300 lbs, 600 lb squats so forth and so on but i couldn't run for crap or do pullups once i started shedding unneeded weight by dieting and aerobic exercise (running every day!) don't crash diet just cut the crap you still need like 5,000 calories a day to be able to do the excersises so make them good calories twinkies are like 600 crappy calories. I started pumping out pull ups no problem. you just have to stay committed to yourself. Hey I sound like the scullery private at the chow hall at M.C.R.D. Semper Fi good luck.

It isn't how OFTEN you PT, it is what you do in that time that matters the most. Thanks to all who posted replies, I found it very informative and helpfull. Always room for improvement...

Registered User Free Member Sniperone's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Listen to Sixguns, as he said, the best way to get better at pull-ups is by doing them. When I went to Bootcamp I was the only guy in my plt that did over 20 pull-ups in my initial PFT, I did 26. My Senior DI said at that time that I was going to be the "pull-up Private" from that point on. Besides all the pull-ups during the course of each days training, I also had to do 100 pull-ups every evening during our 1 hour of free time. The Gunny would holler "Pull-up Bar"!! I would respond with "Pull-up Bar AYE! AYE! SIR!! I would then drop what I was doing and run to the bar and do 20 pull-ups. This went on 5 times during that hour until I did 100 total. I did that all during bootcamp and in the end won the pull-up competition during our field meet with a 57 pull-up total.

Registered User Free Member Gary Duclo's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Smile Pullups

Just keep on trying, Do Not I repeat Do Not give up, it is something you have to work at, try at least twice a day------ Trust me you have to build up to it it does not just happen!

Thread Information