Communists OpDepressed
Create Post

Cool Communists OpDepressed

Communists OpDepressed
    by Wayne Boettcher
    Posted: 01/27/2006

It was a mild day in the Old Pueblo as I whizzed past cactus after spiny cactus in my quest to reach the Tucson Military Recruiting Center at 2302 E. Speedway on January 25, 2006. I had brought my coat but wasn't going to need it. The slight sprinkle this morning was not nearly enough to make a dent in our weeks long drought or chill the desert sands. I approached the target location at approximately 8:30 am as cheers and salutations resounded through my open window. At least ten Pro Americans were already there.

This time I remembered the UN welcome mat (a crude flag) and placed it on the main corner for all to step on. A new good guy named Larry was there, holding a flag and sign with determination and grit. He had seen the column in Monday's Tucson Citizen featuring our most prolific protesters holding their new sign "Stop Global Whining" and wanted to help. Another Marine family new to the protest with son in boot camp (the Felix's) was having a grand time supporting the troops and cheering everyone up. As usual, we were all in our places with bright shining faces while the arriving moonbat visages were grim and dismal. For example, as I took my own place, a grumpy lady walked up staring at my "Say No to Communism" sign as I greeted her civilly. "What the ______ is that!?" she demanded. "I thought this was an anti-war protest!" I simply showed her my other signs. After more cursing and looks of perplexed bewilderment, a moonbat took her aside and explained so she could get an anti-American sign like she wanted.

Recently I had heard some good news which I began to relate to both moonbat and Pro American. In Washington DC, the radical left wing organization known as "Code Pink" or "Code Pinko" had neglected to renew their permit to protest in front of Walter Reed Hospital, allowing ProtestWarrior.org and FreeRepublic.com member ConcreteBob to snap up the coveted reservation. Now these particular liberals were prevented from effectively protesting the wounded Soldiers, Marines, Sailors and Airmen in front of the hospital on Friday nights. Many of the Tucson Troop Supporters remarked how they had talked about eventually forming a caravan to join the dauntless DC PW / FR Chapters in their support of America and our wounded troops.

Dropping in at the Army Recruiting Station, I again related the DC Army Hospital news to unofficial whoops of joy and laughter. Just outside, I spoke to a Marine sniper. I have a sign with a blown up photo of 3rd Infantry Division soldiers holding a painting of Saddam Hussein showing him taking credit for the burning twin towers. The Marine had been at the Baghdad airport and seen the nefarious muralized confession actually on the wall. He told me "there is stuff like that all over Iraq" and promised to email more pictures and confirmation since his unit was the first to arrive in the ancient city and he had seen much.

The Tucson moonbats have been quite upset lately at the growing numbers on the side of good as theirs dwindle alarmingly. They tried to slip in on different days but the pro Americans devised a secret method to find out exactly when they were going to be there and show up at the same time. I wasn't there on those occasions but my understanding is the "anti-war" activists were quite shocked and dismayed to get no unopposed protest time on the off days they tried it. Should they try again, the secret method will always facilitate instant opposition, I am told.

Back on the sidewalk I noticed the "anti-war" "fighter guy" who claimed to be an "ex marine;" he had been there only once before and challenged people to fistfights out back, apologizing later. He was belligerently in place near us as he seemed to dare people to wave flags in front of his sign. Actually there was no need as the small size and vague content of his poster combined with his position would only cause people to think he was on our side and add to our perceived numbers. However, he had probably read the Monday column where our side talked about sign blockage as a tactic. His tactic is to pick fights, which he tried to do with many including a high school student. I intervened exactly as I had months before by asking him about the same picture of Saddam's painting, explaining that two soldiers and a Marine had now confirmed to me that it was authentic and did he still think it was a fake?

His response was the typical one that he didn't care. He also told me that he didn't know what my sign stating "Don't Believe Liberal Propaganda and Lies" meant. I assured him that it didn't matter, the people reading it from the cars knew. (And they could read it. It's gigantic!) "Well, since you don't want me to block your sign, I'll just stand behind you and hold my sign up here," I explained as I situated myself about five feet behind him holding my "counter-sign" high in the air.

Mr. and Mrs. Felix stationed nearby laughed and even the violence prone peace activist laughed along a little. Since this guy claimed to be an "ex marine" I thought I would sing the Marine theme song, and for good measure, all the other military theme songs, 3 or 4 times apiece. Now, when I sing the last two lines of the Air Force song I have to raise my fist and eyes to the sky while booming at maximum volume. Try singing it yourself and you will see what I mean. But when I looked for "fighter guy" after the third rendition of that song, he was gone. Mrs. Felix reported he had left after apologizing about the fistfight thing again! This did not bode well for his team.

Now they were down to about 6 compared to our 26. A determined moonbat named "Polly" refused to accept an article on the killing machine that is Marxism or one about terrorism in prewar Iraq. She said that she was neither a Democrat nor a Republican and that Hillary Clinton was not left wing enough to be supported. Polly hedged on whether she was a Communist herself, but did say evil corporations of the world were the real problem, American forces killed just as many or more Iraqi civilians as Saddam Hussein, and it was a legitimate and honorable tactic of war for non uniformed civilian women and children to fight as "guerillas" against regular forces. In fact, for her it was also ok for communists and terrorists to use civilians as cover; the civilians are all "guerillas." She stated the painting Saddam had commissioned of himself with burning World Trade Center towers with a notice that he is the Combat Leader was no indication whatsoever of his involvement, but did admit it was reckless of him to put it up at the Baghdad airport.

Now, I wonder, if President George W. Bush commissioned a mural of himself for Dulles Airport saying "I am the Combat Leader" gesturing at a terrorist scene like the World Trade Center burning or the Spanish train bombings, would moonbats consider that an indication he was involved? A weighty, ponderous question, indeed!

I took a break from reading Michelle Malkin's "Unhinged" I had checked out from the library to speak to a UN flag bearing admitted Communist who said it didn't matter that Code Pinko had suffered defeat at Walter Reed hospital. "You always say that, no matter facts I relate to you," I responded. "It's a just another way that Communists are oppressed in this country!" he lamented as he trudged off with the other moonbats to protest another day. They were leaving early again.

Those poor Communists! Another admitted Marxist I spoke to said he had read "The killing machine that is Marxism" column I had given him on a previous protest but believed there were some problems with it's logic. However, he had to catch up with the others leaving and didn't have time to explain what the logic problems were at this time.

"Leave my child alone," patriot Michael Lucero called after one of the departing group holding a similar sign. "Stop trying to get children aborted!" Appropriate since they had brought a "Save Roe" sign to their Military Recruitment protest.

On my own sign with the Hussein painting are simply the words "Remember 911" and indeed, we counter-protesters have not forgotten. Neither have our military as they battle heinous forces around the world and at home, forces who do not ascribe to the Geneva convention or modern notions of civilized behavior. The US military proved themselves brave warriors in this time of conflict, from busy truck driver to front line grunt to office bound officer. We say "thank you" to troops as we protest moonbats, but words and our small actions alone cannot express our feelings of love and understanding for our military and their fight for freedom. Let's all support our troops however we can as we all stand up for America!

Wayne Boettcher is the head of AmericanProtest.net

Ellie

Marine Family Free Member 003XXMarineDAD's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Counter protesting is always a hoot.Ive been to some and it is always the protroop crowd with smiles and having fun. The anit USA crowd always looks like they sucked on to many lemons ,frowns and looks of hate. They must have no common sence among them. It is becuse of the soldiers that they have the rights we have today and the soldiers defend that right everyday not just on weim.

Thread Information