Pull Ups - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pull Ups

Credits
    Savings
    That's all we ask of Zippo. You have to be able to take what others say without taking it personnally. I know it's hard, I'm bullheaded too. But sometimes it's best to buck it up take it for what it is, and learn. Nobody is asking that you leave, you have the potential. Continue to ask questions, and we will do our best to answer them honestly, and if we can't, we will try to direct you to a source that can. Welcome aboard.

well i hope you can understand how bad i want to be a Marine.. and how it's very disheartening when real Marines tell me i wont make it and that i'm going to basically be a disappointment to the Corps.
    and again, my apologies for the misunderstanding.

dont get down. just try harder and prove them wrong.

Zippo you sound stubborn and you yourself kind of sound like your a dick. lol..thats 100% percent fine and nothing to be apologetic for. All Marines are sure of themselves and have attitude. Im sure you will be a good Marine once you complete recruit training. On this site there are alot of good Marines who have years and years of experience. Anytime any of theese Marines say anything to you its not because were trying to be A-holes but instead that we are trying to help you . You are and always will be welcome on this site. The only thing we ask is that you always show tact and judgement. Semper Fi poolee.

but back on subject.... all you gotta do is follow the armstrong pullup program... it works wonders... im 6'0 163 lbs... started at 4 pullups... and its been about 2 months and im up to 17.

just type in armstrong pullup program in google... ITS AWESOME... it also implements a series of pushups to help you.... also get in to a weight room if you can and work on your shoulders and bi/tri's. ull get there dont worry.

thanks alot! i'll definitely look into that program.
    4 to 17 in two months?? damn

I'm gonna start on that Armstrong program tomorrow, though I'll have to take it slower on the days when I PT with fellow poolees (Wednesday). I was just at the gym and did a little pullup routine. 3 sets X max overhand, and in between each set I would do a set of leg lifts/hello dolly's, then 3 sets X Max underhand chinups with another set of leg lifts/hellos between those.

well if I were you Zippo, I'd set aside the pull ups and learn a little JJ DID TIE BUCKLE...just a thought, but what would I know huh?

oh and remember...first impression, last impression.

uhhgg...guess i have a time limit on editing posts?

Zippo its awesome you're moto, I've seen people slime through life going nowhere and its great you have heart, but don't forget to show respect to those that have gone before you! If you earn the title, and you mouth off to an NCO in the future, you're going to get thrown through a wall.

I reread through this topic, and saw u had apologized. I wasn't here, but I too accept it, and no longer mean to come off as harsh in my first post.

Anywho...I love doing those lateral pulldowns. I noticed i could do another 40lbs easy on those after I graduated boot, last year.

Stay moto, check out that knowledge I've shown you, and hit the gym! Pullups are worth 5 pts. on the pft. it takes running ~30 seconds faster in the 3 mile to make up for every missed pullup. Which way is going to be easier to get a better score?

If you need anyone to talk to, I'm on AIM...

over and out...

Semper Fi,
    PFC Welbaum

way to triple post, lol! haha j/k..
    yea i was a little surprised to see you jumped on me like that after i apologized.. but either way correcting me on something like that is ok, soooo...
    anyway thx for the pullup advice.

Zippo,

I too would like to say things are cool on this side. Just now that if I ever get like that, it's just because I want to see my fellow "future Marines" stay in check and keep a good reputation around the Marine community.

I've always had a habit of using constructed critism and roughness to push someone to do something. Always was thankful when people did it to me.

Good to see things are cool now. Best of luck to you, bro.

Im 5'7'' 195 lbs and can do 15 on a normal day.

Trick is to just keep doing them. Try pyramid workouts. Do reverse pullups to strengthen muscles further.

I am 6'4'' 205 lbs and I can do 17. I am shipping out to OCS on 060604. Try doing wide grips palms out, as well as regular grip, palms in and out. Strap some weights to ya too. Do 50 reps no matter how many sets that takes you. Good Luck. S/F

Thread Information