Rifle Serial Number
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings

Rifle Serial Number

I was just curious as to how many Marines out there still remember their rifle serial number from boot camp. Mine was 6186709.

lmao why do you remember that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rdy2gopoolie

"This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than the enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. My rifle and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, or the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit.

My rifle is human, even as I am human, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other.
    Before God I swear this creed. My rifle and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy."

Glad I could help, bro. I thought that would clear things up.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdy2gopoolie

I learned my rifle serial number within 5 minutes of being issued it. I was in love with it. I never left it, it never left me. My rifle is my best friend, it is my life, I must master it as I must master my life, without me, my rifle is useless, without my rifle I am useless. We were meant to be. I gave it a name, and made sure it was always clean. I took care of it, it took care of me, I was the second highest shooter in the platoon, 230. I love my M16A2.

I've been known to stroke my rifle and give it pep talks in the pits before we shoot. I can't compete with Lorix though I only shoot a 223. It probably sounds like a cliche but you do seem to grow a little attached to your weapon after carrying it everywhere with you, atleast for us motivated boots. However I'm sure it doesn't compare with how a Marine feels about his weapon after it has saved his life like our brothers in Iraq.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Rifle serial #

7304212... had a chip in the hand guard and the "birdcage" was scuffed from so many drops lol

do you learn to spin and what not in bootcamp as well?

No, you don't learn any of the fancy **** in bootcamp. Just know that you need to do everything as fast as you possibly can. The Drill Instructors will teach you all you need to know about drill...its what they do.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    M14a1-5551967 Pi 1970

Thread Information