Great video of the Marine Corps Silent Drill Team in action
Create Post

Great video of the Marine Corps Silent Drill Team in action

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up

Accord,

No matter where I see the Silent Drill Team either in person or on video I always enjoy them to the fullest. Thank you for bring them to Leatherneck.com

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well done John, what the gunnery sergeant said is exactly how I feel Thanks

It was great to see that drill team in action again. Thanks , really enjoyed seeing that . Semper Fi

Yes, thank you for sharing that, Accord. That was amazing! I especially liked when they passed the M1 Garand Rifles. Simply amazing... Hats off to those guys.

Registered User Free Member lovdog's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Accord:

Yes, the drill team is definitely something to watch and to be amazed every time. When I was in boot camp '67 I saw a movie of our Drill Team in England - first time ever that a group from America was invited to perform before the Queen of England. They did a manuever there that was "awesome" to say the least!! They all were in a line - right to left, bayonets fixed - the first Marine threw up his rifle about 6 feet in the air and it landed right next to the next Marine in line, which the second did the same - "without looking" and this was done in a sequencial movement down the line. It was what I thought was at that time an "impossible movement"!!
    Years late I took my family to Altoona, PA to see them perform, but this was not part of the routine - sadly!!
    Whether or not they still perform that I do not know - maybe that was for that performance only in England - but I can remember the crowd there and the look on the Queen's face was just amazement!!!

Accord:
    I have seen ththem in action several times and the routine was never the same . I guess they do whatever is popular at the timebut whatevwer they are outstanding . They sell their tapes somewhere but I don t know where do you> Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by construction
    Accord:
    I have seen ththem in action several times and the routine was never the same . I guess they do whatever is popular at the timebut whatevwer they are outstanding . They sell their tapes somewhere but I don t know where do you> Semper Fi
    This DVD features a 45 minute performance of the Silent Drill Team and also the Marine Corps marching band: http://usmcshop.grunt.com/Grunt/prod...AE71684BB58E33

Acord, thanks for the dvd info, I appreciate that. I slippped it into my favorites until I order it . good luck. take care and again thanks.

I am in a silent drill team for my Marine Corps JROTC and i must say that it was amazing!!! We are alright but nowhere close to as sharp and precise as they are. I hope to one day be on the silent drill team!!

1221 I was an I nstructor at the University of Nebr ROTC Unit which also had a drill team so I know what it is . Its good for you and devlops team spirit also keep up the good work Semper Fi

Thread Information