Things To Bring To Boot Camp
Closed Thread

THINGS TO BRING TO BOOT CAMP:
    1. Recruiter info and packet
    2. Picture ID
    3. SSN (card)
    4. Any college you have completed (proof) if it has not been entered by your recruiter
    5. High school Diploma if it has not been entered by your recruiter.
    6. A few pictures (no obscene ones) well if you bring obscene I will keep them.
    7. Address (not a book) just a sheet of paper with the address of the people you want to write.
    8. Stamps (1 book) you can buy more on your first PX visit.
    9. no more than $10.00
    10. Wear trousers with a belt and a shirt tucked in.

A large number of recruits are bringing any and everything with them. Cell Phones, IPODS, pens, paper, hygiene gear. All these things will be taken away from you. We will do mounds of paper work for the electronics then store it and throw everything else away. Usually for the recruits that bring battery operated items they quit the first few hours they are here because it drives me nuts that they did no research prior to coming to Boot Camp so i have my fun with them. No extra clothes, shoes book bags, fanny packs. Nothing, unless it is listed above. Do not wear a Marine shirt.
    Pass the word to all the RS’

Thanks,
    DI

just remember everything you need will be provided for you. Stick to the list and you will have no problems........Tonight recruits brought address books. Some I allowed and others that had 1 or 2 addresss' on them I ripped the pages out with the addy on it for him to keep and then destroyed his addy book. Your best course is a sheet of paper with your addy's on it. It saves room in your money valuable bag and it will be secured there.........

a bible is ok and religious material is also ok..........I did not put these on the list but they are ok.....

Credits
    Savings
    Images

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THINGS TO BRING TO BOOT CAMP:
    1. Recruiter info and packet
    2. Picture ID
    3. SSN (card)
    4. Any college you have completed (proof) if it has not been entered by your recruiter
    5. High school Diploma if it has not been entered by your recruiter.
    6. A few pictures (no obscene ones) well if you bring obscene I will keep them.
    7. Address (not a book) just a sheet of paper with the address of the people you want to write.
    8. Stamps (1 book) you can buy more on your first PX visit.
    9. no more than $10.00
    10. Wear trousers with a belt and a shirt tucked in.

A large number of recruits are bringing any and everything with them. Cell Phones, IPODS, pens, paper, hygiene gear. All these things will be taken away from you. We will do mounds of paper work for the electronics then store it and throw everything else away. Usually for the recruits that bring battery operated items they quit the first few hours they are here because it drives me nuts that they did no research prior to coming to Boot Camp so i have my fun with them. No extra clothes, shoes book bags, fanny packs. Nothing, unless it is listed above. Do not wear a Marine shirt.
    Pass the word to all the RS’

Thanks,
    DI
    I cannot believe that this thread has gone this far. The Drill Instructor Gunnery Sergeant has informed Poolees and Wannabes of the only items they will be allowed to have when they enter the recieving barracks at MCRD. He should know as he will likely be the one to greet you when you get off the bus. He did add a bible and religous material which he forgot so only those 11 items. If you take anything else you rate whatever fate falls upon you. This thread is now closed!

Thread Information