Breakfast with JAM
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up Breakfast with JAM

Went to breakfast with Rich today. It was great to get out of the house and have some "Marine time." I don't get too much of that anymore, but I'll take all that I can get. Mr. Greene has been a great help to me while I've been home and I thank him for that. Breakfast at the Black Diamond Bakery was great. Just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm doing well, and that I'm starting to walk without the use of my walking cast. The next step is my rotator cuff surgery.

Semper Fi,
    Shawn

Registered User Free Member lovdog's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    There you are! Am glad that you are doing well and on the move to recovery. Thanks to a couple of my comrades here on this web (who set me straight d*mn quick by the way) on who you were, I now start reading the sites from the top down!! I'm sure that alot of guys here feel that their prayers are being heard - your proof of that!! You may even set the record on replys to threads at this site.
    My son is in Afghanistan now, due home in March, and probably have his time in Iraq also from what he tells me. Like your folks, not too many days go by that we don't worry about the sons & daughters, fathers & mothers in harms way. Keep the faith - it will move mountains!! I wish you well, my friend.
    Semper Fi!

Damn You're Quick

It was an absolute pleasure Marine.

So now let me have my say.
    What an Honest, Sincere and Motivated Marine this Young Man STILL is. One could only imagine the Pride I feel when I'm with him. He talks about the present and the future. But mostly he speaks about his Brother's he left behind and the days they all can get together again. He speaks with solemn grace of his Brothers that came home and were laid to rest but laughs when a memory comes to mind of something crazy that happened with him and his Brothers. This Young Man that speaks with such experience and resolve,,, yet still has up to 7 months till his 20th Birthday. Unbelieveable! He even speaks of future plans of becoming a teacher. You can believe this Marine still has his $hit together and it's TIGHT!

Shawn and I had a great visit. Although he may downplay his personal victories of recooperation, he is doing amazingly well. He was walking pretty well this morning considering the circumstances and is well on his way to using his left hand now. (Ambidextrous I am not) He is doing Great. So the ones of you that have pitty or anguish for him......STOP! He is not falling behind. He is moving forward and is coming up for his next lay-up. He was, is and will always be a WINNER. THAT is L/Cpl Seeley. The next time any of you see a United States Marine Commercial or look back at the Commercial of a year or so... as that Marine is climbing that wall of rock... you will see the face of Seeley. I Do!

The photo inclosed is one of L/Cpl Seeley in front of his home and the wooden plaque behind him is one is Younger Brother made for him with the help of his GrandFather. A fine tribute for a Proud and Noble Marine.

Thank you Shawn for allowing me to be a part of your life. It is a true honor.

rich

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JAMarine; 01-07-06 at 01:49 PM.

Rich, Shawn,
    Let Me Say That I'm Glad You Had A Good Time, Shawn, You And Mandy Are Still In My Family's Pray's, It Sounds Like You Are Making Great Strides, Keep Up The Fight Marine.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up

Rich,

I never got to eat breakfast with Shawn. Does he wolfe it down like most Marines do? I hope so chow is chow. LOL I am glad to see that you had a great visit with LCpl Seeley and hey that plaque behind him is a great tribute too.

oooooooooooooorahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh OUTSTANDING ...

JAMarine, Shawn let me know over and over how nice it was to have breakfast with you. Sometime I would like to join you two. But I think Shawn also enjoys one on one time with fellow Marines. (I was joking with him and said he needed some with Marines away from the women! He is making huge progress, everyday..he is so humble about it, but thats part of what makes him so great! Hope to see you next time Rich!

Mandy

GySgtRet

He "sucked down" those biscuts and gravey as fast as anyone I've ever seen.

Semper Fi Marine

rich

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    He "sucked down" those biscuts and gravey as fast as anyone I've ever seen.
    Mmmmmmmm...biscuits and gravey. Hey Rich, I'm available between 0600 and 0930.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Talking

Rich,

Now I know Shawn is doing good if he can do that...!!! Thanks Rich...!!!

Rich is an Outstanding Man who is a Marine..

I know, he is always there for me...

Ellie

Credits
    Savings
    Shawn, it's great to hear from you again. Keep up the good work, continue to heal, and always remember that you are still in the prayers of all.

Rich, thanks so very much for the update. Your efforts to keep us informed are deeply appreciated. I would also like to say that as a serious wood-worker, that plaque is outstanding!!!

And Mandy, I would like to extend to you a big hug!!!! You are a very rare breed to understand that there are times that a Marine needs to be with their own, to share what only we would understand. Shawn, you have a very special lady there, and I would gladly break bread with both of you any time, any where. (And that goes for you too, Rich!)

Thread Information