Honorman
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honorman

Honorman

What do you do to become honorman of your platoon? How can I prepare myself to become one?

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    Start by searching this web site for the answer.

Then..

when you find THEM...

maybe you'll see that it is by doing more, better faster, and WITHOUT someone taking you by the hand and leading you thru the path.

But like I said... that's a

START !!

Got ya and your slight of hand sarcasim thnx should have searched first.

Ok I searched and found some good information. Now that I know what it takes let me rephrase my question What did your Honormen do to get that title? Were they always the first to finish or the one helping the last guy to finish? Were they the first to volunteer?

Sox showed you exactly what you needed.

That is, he showed you the way to get the job done yourself.

The only difference between a platoon honor grad and a run of the mill recruit is the fact that when s*it falls, it lands squarely between his shoulder blades. It's what he does to get that s*it off his back that will determine whether or not he's honor material.

This is judged by many things. PFT score, Knowledge, Leadership. But ultimately it's decided by bearing under pressure.

You needn't call Sox on the sarcasm. Where you're going you'll be dealing with a lot more than that. If you can take it and use it to your advantage...that's what an honor grad is all about.

My remark about his sarcasm was not supposed to be taken to heart I was actually thanking him for reminding me that my question was not researched and that I should have done a search on it. I ment no harm.

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBrave83

You needn't call Sox on the sarcasm. Where you're going you'll be dealing with a lot more than that. If you can take it and use it to your advantage...that's what an honor grad is all about.
    No blood, no foul !!

The 'sarcasm' WAS INTENDED,
    but also a check to see if he was going to read between the lines.

Kjones caught the ball, and ran with it

To answer the 'rephrased' question;

That will depend on your SDI and the situation at hand.
    OUR Platoon guide got chosen cause he was caught taking a leak around the corner of the barracks. Our Senior, SSgt McKay, said that took BALLS.
    Other than that, he was a SBird (in my opinion). Some of us had to shoot his target on qual day just so he could pass Marksman.

But then, he didn't make series Honorman either.

There are different ways to stand out, and be noticed.
    For example, during Close Order Drill, you COULD be the only one in step.... you'd stand out and get noticed
    Or... make sure everyone around you is squared away, drilled in basic knowledge, always on the pull up bar, etc... you'll get noticed again.

"You never fail to suceed until you quit trying"

Terry

Thanks for the reply. When I go to basic I will try to stand out in a good way.

Credits
    Savings
    Read what I have written in the previous post 'what to expect', also in the poolee hall, if you haven't already. There's some really good tips to get you started.

ill do that thank you.

That helped alot thank you Lorix.

Just don't get so close to your DI that if he stops real quick you might get that brown stuff all over you nose. The bottom line is that a recruit is a recruit that is ready for the FMF and if given an order will react immedialety if not sooner.

As you can tell I do not believe in Honor Men or Series Honor Men.

LOL thanks I will not let that happen.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    "When I go to basic I will try to stand out in a good way."

Marines of both genders go to MCRD Parris Island or San Diego for "Boot Camp."Your barking up the wrong tree stating "basic",that is an "Army of One" term.

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

Credits
    Savings
    Anyother word of advice, always try to look your best. Make sure you straighten your cover (hat) everytime you put it on. Request a lysol can (or something), and wrap your bill around it, tie it with boot bands to make it nice and round. When you put it on, make the top nice and flat (it is not a baseball cap, the top is not supposed to be round!). Make the edges nice and sharp, not all drooping and sh!t, and iron the top when you have the chance, trust me, the DI's will definately notice.

Thread Information