School Of Infantry Training
Create Post
    Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

School Of Infantry Training

I'm leaving for bootcamp on Jan. 16, 2006, and my MOS will be Infantry. I understand training in PI is 13 weeks. How long is the SOI training?

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member

Not Bad Of A Time

SOI will be about another 2 months and some change of training. You will be offered the choices of what type of grunt you want to be. Such as 0311 - 0352, this ranges from being a rifleman, machine gunner, assualtman, tow gunner, and if you are good you will be chosen to go to the recon indock. I am a 0311 at 29 Palms. I am a point man, also cross trained as a saw gunner and a machine gunner. I am in the 1/7 Baker CO, we go to the sand box very soon. So shoot some questions at me soon if you want toknow more about SOI. Everything is still fresh to me.

it's 52 days. 39 training days.

Credits
    Savings
    I heard 18 weeks, or was it 14? Maybe it was 8, I think it was 8, I'm pretty sure it was 8.

Quote Originally Posted by parrish03xx
    You will be offered the choices of what type of grunt you want to be. Such as 0311 - 0352, this ranges from being a rifleman, machine gunner, assualtman, tow gunner, and if you are good you will be chosen to go to the recon indock.
    So you actually get to pick your MOS?

dont u get to volunteer for the recon indoc now?

Quote Originally Posted by bmclark
    So you actually get to pick your MOS?
    I'm curious about this too, I've always been told you just get what they give you.

Credits
    Savings
    Sometimes you get to pick, sometimes you don't. I wanted avionics, I got field radio operator, some pick avionics and get it, others, like me, don't. And I have a good asvab score too.

Thread Information