If Chesty Puller tried to enlist today, he would be rejected
Create Post

If Chesty Puller tried to enlist today, he would be rejected

I just finished watching a documentary on the life of Chesty Puller and they interviewed his daughter and she said that if Chesty tried to enlist in the Corps today, he would be rejected because he was born with... asthma!

I thought that was rather interesting.

yup real sad aint it

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thats true John and the loss would have been the Corps. I served in a time when it wasent as restrictive as today like Chesty, heck we were even actively recruiting in the court rooms across America. The Judge would sentence you to say a year in county jail, then say or you can speak to that Marine and on his say so you will be free to leave with him. I knew many Marines that were recruited this way and had some work for me too in the FMF, and I have to say they were damn fine Marines. They say change is good but I cant imagine the Corps without a future Chesty serving in it because he had asthma or color blindness or some depth perception problem or a few traffic tickets. I say if a patriot wants to serve our Corps let him prove his mettle before you say he cant serve. Believe me there are plenty of Marines that met the high expectation requirements of today that are nothing but sh*t birds or as they say today sh*t bags out there in the Fleet.

Thread Information