Looking for marines video's in Combat - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    USMC 1st, first thing please get a grip on the english language then relax I'm sure you won't want to watch those videos after you've experienced combat. It's no movie out there the bullets and bombs are real my friend. God bless our troops.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Combat is no joke. Click on this link and see what can happen. Click through all of the pictures on this slide show. They are of Lcpl Higgins who we just laid to rest a month ago. I am the one carrying the casket in the front with the pis sed off look on my face. He was killed July 27th 2006 in Al Anbar. He was shot by a Muj Sniper. I am looking forward to getting some payback.

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/med...s/higgins.html

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by cplbrooks
    Combat is no joke. Click on this link and see what can happen. Click through all of the pictures on this slide show. They are of Lcpl Higgins who we just laid to rest a month ago. I am the one carrying the casket in the front with the pis sed off look on my face. He was killed July 27th 2006 in Al Anbar. He was shot by a Muj Sniper. I am looking forward to getting some payback.

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/med...s/higgins.html
    Power stuff Cpl. Brooks.
    Im sorry about your friend.
    I hope USMC 1st understands how much he is hurting people by posting this thread.

USMC 1st has no clues what Combat is like. I won't blame him for tryng to find out before having to go there. But I think he has watched to much Hollyweird for his own good. Maybe he thinks that if a Frag blows up 10 ft from you that all you do is fly through the air and land rolling and readay to fight again. We all know that it doesn't happen that way. He maybe believe that if a missle doesn't directly hit you that you will survive the incident with just a few scratches. Watched to much Rambo for his own good with that one. Well whatever he is thinking and trying to act upon isn't really inviting to those of us that been there and done that. Those of us that watched our brothers and sisters die because of attacks from everywhere it seems. Holding a friend in your arms while the gray matter spills onto your trousers and lying through your teeth to them that they will be fine. I remember those days and nights very often. So I say if it is his own curiousity that wanes him into asking for such information then I ask for what purposes does he want them. What is the reason he is so driven to gather this information and to what purpose does he have in plan for it's use. With out this information then I say to hell with his requests for such items that hold a very hurt time to most of us here.

I think that 1st gets the point. My biggest suggestion to you would be to go to the National Guard. Don't take it as an unsult or anything, but if there's something that you want in life, strive for it until you obtain that goal. If just gave up on firefighting and you're only 19 then I wouldn't suggest signing a contract for the Marine Corps. The fire department is a brotherhood much like the Marine Corps is and if you're not able to make it there, I'm not sure you're ready to make it here.

Marines, put me in place if I'm out of line. I trust that you will.

Covey Rider hit it on the head...Good luck in BC

Combat? Some liked it. Some trembled. I always **** my pants at the sound of the first AK. And when it was over, and the last medivac chopper left, I puked at the sight of blood on my hands.
    S/F
    Doc Fitz

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Actually, I don't know if you guys have been following, but there's been tons of publicity about how with this war in Iraq, many (most, even) soldiers and Marines are bringing their cameras. Some even strap them onto their helmets as they go into combat so that they can view what happened!

I've also read stories about military people coming back from Iraq and trawling through youtube for homemade videos of peoples' Iraq combat experiences... although many don't want to go back, they still feel the urge to be with their comrades, which can be slightly satisfied by videos.
    I believe that the creator of this post is simply asking about whether anyone had any links to combat videos/footage of Iraq. Why is it worse to watch reality rather then a simulation attempting to emulate reality as closely as possible? Whatever gets you motivated...

And the second part of his statement... well he sounded motivated and enthusiastic to me (although maybe I just got that impression because it looked as though he was so excited that he forgot to spell things correctly no offense ). Anyway, most people when they first come onto this site don't know what's appropriate to say. I reckon that most of the mainstream people who initially join the Marines think along similar lines to him. We're a minority on this forum. The real dedication to the USMC is instilled through boot camp, otherwise there wouldn't be any point in having it.

So cut him some slack everyone our country needs every single body it can muster. 2000+ young people lie mangled in the middle east. America cannot produce an endless supply of young men and women, especially in an all volunteer military. We must especially remember that in the wake of the 5th anniversary of 9/11.

Been there already

I did that Picture Crap...even had video of the...the Persian Gulf War. Most of my stuff was stolen out of my Seabags by the Eygptian Bastards that were supposed to load our Vehicals and gear. I had Pics of all types of " Trophies " from that era in my life until recently. Didn't help me out when I found then again a few months ago and I wasn't seeing straight. My memories will surfice...don't need the extra baggage on my head.

Not trying to be disrespectful or anything like it. Just that I can't get my Vid from 11 Sept 2004 while in Kalsu Iraq on the site for him to see.

Sorry, from a corpsmans prespective is was bloody and awful. I wasn't even spared for having to take anothers life. I've spent years in treatment fot PTSD and gun shot wounds. My father was a Marine in WWII and fought in the South Pacific. He told me the whole truth. I still went. Is it not fair to tell the whole truth?

Sorry, I was a corspman and in Vietnam and it was bloody and awful. I served in an infantry company at Con Thien, Khe Sahn and at 3rd Med Phu Bai during Tet of 68. My father was a Marine in WWII. He told me the whole truth. I still went. Isn't it fair to tell the whole truth about war?

I make no judgements about The Iraq War, but what is this thing about Iraq and 9/11? The evidence seems to dwindle every day. " In modern war you die in the dirt like a dog, in pain, with no thoughts of country or glory only death, God and your mother".

S/F
    Fitz

Bush has it confused like the rest of his BS. It was the Taliban that hit the TWC...not the Al-Qaida from Iraq. But when you hear his lies he claims that it was the Al-Qaida that did it all. All he is trying to do is confuse the natuion worse than it is now. He is hunting for more reasons to keep thousands of American Fighting Men and Women in a place that had no Evidence of WMDs...Terrorist links to the TWC incident...or any other major attack on the US. Except for an assisnation attempt on his father when he was Pres. I think Bush needs some serious help for his Fantasyland Dreams of HIS War on Terror. He is hunting for anything that might convience Americans that we are really needed in a land that really doesn't want us there. He has brken promises to thier people and delivered thousands of American Youths to the hands of the Terrorists and continues to keep a blundering Rumsfeld on the pay roster. Between them both they don't have enough Gray Matter to run Water. 9/11 had nothing to do with Iraq...it wasn't a call form Saddam Hussien that took out the TWC is was Facists Extremeists from Bin Laden and his group of Jihad fanatics that delivered those blows. Saddam didn't even back Bin Laden with support because of the disagreement they had. Bin Laden wanted to be able to recruit Jihadists members from Iraq and to train them theier and Saddam didn't want Bin Laden in his land for that purpose. Saddam learned from Syria's mistake with Bin Laden. I just wonder what Bush and Dick are going to do with the thousands of Service Mambers coming back after the many deployments that they have endured with PTSD like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by JKTenchi
    http://www.grunt.com/downloads/ambushaction.WMV
    http://www.grunt.com/downloads/Ambush-Rescue.WMV
    http://www.grunt.com/downloads/1MEG500_Muj.WMV
    http://www.grunt.com/downloads/rifletank.mpeg

You know, I can keep posting these.. Not all are Marines... Then again, all you want to see is the combat, USMC1st.. Now, what you need to see is entirely different..

http://www.grunt.com/downloads/TRUEm...emorialDay.WMV

There, watch that... You need to let that sink in... Thats what happens in combat, and you need to understand that more than anything.. Watching is one thing, being there is another...
    Once you understand that, if you still want to be a Marine, then maybe you do have what it takes, who am I to say eaither way..

And if that doesn't hit you hard enough..
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ps&time=245000

Realise, theres more to combat than shooting the "Bad guys"... They're fighting for what they think is right, just as you are...
    Every person that dies in combat has some form of family, through blood or friendship... And a lot of those people out there fighting for what they believe in... Aren't going home alive..

Grow up, kiddo.
    Made me cry, but yet with most respect.

Thread Information