As of this morning, I have lost a total of 74 pounds - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That's freakin' motivating Accord- hey, post some before/after pictures so that some of these poolees can SEE what's possible.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    well done accord! you sound like my trainer (aka Hubby hehehe)

bodybuilding.com has TONS of exercise/ diets... all kinds of plans for everything you can imagine...gain muscle lose weight...or both. there are preparation workouts for Marines, Special Forces, all kinds of great stuff.

way to go though man! 74lbs in a couple of months is great! with that drive and determination, you'll make a great Marine one of these days!

About Creatine: If you want to join the Corps, don't do it. It's now on the list of restricted substances for Marines.

Oorah! Awesome job! Way to go!

Creatine is restricted now ...wow...when did that go down Dan?

Exclamation Absolutely...

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDevilDog
    Google it, it's something I really can't explain.

After talking with Personal Trainers about it, I guess it is not good for teens.
    A few guys on our fooball team at Shaw High School took some to "beef up" for next year in hopes of making varsity as sophomores (hard to do at Shaw, football is king here). They started having nasea, dizzy spells, vomiting, headaches, etc., etc.. I'm not too sure of the physical causes of it, but the one biggy that made them stop taking it was acne. It reacts to hormones in teens bodies. Not just like, a pimple or two, though. Flat out acne, even on areas like the shoulder and back. It was horrible, but two weeks after they used process of elimination to realize Creatine was the cause of their problem, their acne "magically" cleared up. True, they bulked a little and gained muscle mass, but it was only temporary, so to have long-term affects you'd have to use it everyday or whatnot. If I were you, I'd stay away from the stuff.

And like every Marine, Poolee, Wannabe, and DEP has said, great job Accord! Truly amazing what the highly-motivated individual can do when he or she wants something bad enough.

I've taken creatine in cycles and it works well when your taking it, but usually when i stop taking it for the 6 weeks I quit going to the gym so i lose everything. I took with ephedra back about 2 years ago and i was getting muscle and losign fat like it was nothing, but then i ran out of ephedra and they banned it so was it worth it? probably not, you lose all the stuff better naturally.

Wow, Great job.

That is so motivating. Great job. I have only lost 40 lbs so far, I have 70 more to go. You have given me a step over the hurdle I have been stuck on. Thank you. Oh an I would be carefull with ephedra. I used it for a while. It was giving me heart flutters and all sorts of other problems. Natural is definately the way to go.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    The best option is without help from substances, but if you must, then you must realise that people underestimate the energy drink. It's great for a short term boost of energy (an hour and a half maybe?) which is more than enough time to get your workout in. Stay away from stuff like Creatine, its just screwed up.
    (Finally the 6-pack is coming through! I've been waiting for this for ages!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cperschke
    Wow, Great job.

That is so motivating. Great job. I have only lost 40 lbs so far, I have 70 more to go. You have given me a step over the hurdle I have been stuck on. Thank you. Oh an I would be carefull with ephedra. I used it for a while. It was giving me heart flutters and all sorts of other problems. Natural is definately the way to go.
    Good job on the 40 pounds so far and best of luck to you on the rest you need to lose to reach your goal.

I've got this video on my computer of a graduation at MCRDPI where all the new Marines are singing the Marines Hymn at a normal tone of voice and at the end they all yell on the top of their lungs "...we are proud to claim the title OF UNITED STATES MARINE!" and just the sound of hearing a few hundred some odd new Marines yell that in unison is so motivating and I know that in a few months it's going to be me doing that very same thing. I usually watch that video when I don't feel like going on a run or something and it always motivates the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by devildoghopeful
    The best option is without help from substances, but if you must, then you must realise that people underestimate the energy drink. It's great for a short term boost of energy (an hour and a half maybe?) which is more than enough time to get your workout in. Stay away from stuff like Creatine, its just screwed up.
    (Finally the 6-pack is coming through! I've been waiting for this for ages!)
    Absolutely.

If you're on a proper weight loss program, you won't NEED any 'extra' help from drugs like ephedra.

Quote Originally Posted by hawks
    I've taken creatine in cycles and it works well when your taking it, but usually when i stop taking it for the 6 weeks I quit going to the gym so i lose everything. I took with ephedra back about 2 years ago and i was getting muscle and losign fat like it was nothing, but then i ran out of ephedra and they banned it so was it worth it? probably not, you lose all the stuff better naturally.
    Ephedra will weakin your heart, very bad stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Accord
    Good job on the 40 pounds so far and best of luck to you on the rest you need to lose to reach your goal.
    Thank you. I was so totally out of control. I weighed 310 lbs at 5ft 10in 5 months ago. I am now hovering at about 265lbs. I had hit a plateau, but now I got motivated again. That video sounds awsome. I log on here when I am feeling down, and usually I can get in another PT.

Thread Information