Tr 2
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tr 2

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Unhappy Tr 2

a few months ago i went to a Marine recruter,he told me i have a very slim chanch of gettn in the Marine Corps because im homeschooled.after dat,I was talkin to another Marine about it,and he said he had the same problem,he told me to join the national guard for 6 months and then go to the Marine recruter and they would get me in the Marines no problem,so i went to the Army recruters office and they told me i would have to sarve in the guard for 15 months be 4 I could transfer services.Im gettin the run around here I NEED SOME STRIGHT FORWARD ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    has ne1 here been n the same pot im n???? I DESPARTLY NEED HELP, MY LIFE IS THE CORPS,I DONT KNOW WHAT ILL DO IF I DONT GET N.I dont wont to go to the guard,but i would JUST for 6 months.
    I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Almost,first start by reading the Poolee thread here on this website. Your question has been asked many times before and has also been answered in these posts by Marines and poolees that have been in the boat you are in or have the knowledge to answer your questions,(PM Sixguns or greensideout for further updates.Or go back to the recruiter and find out exactly what is needed of you.)There is a whole lot of great information in those posts if you take a little time to read and search.

You may consider taking night courses at a local community college to help you get the credits that you need. Since you are being home schooled you should have access to a spelling book,grammar book and a dictionary this should be a start to furthering your education. You may consider using them when posting a question to get some help on this site.

Good luck to you in your quest!

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

Cool

Thanks Chuck...

Ellie

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Almost, trust me ! You have to go in and do research but they are there. I don't do PM's when I post on a subject. I prefer to answer on board.

"hey Marine,i have been looking for posts somewhat like mine and i cant find ****!!"

If you have to read the whole Poolee Hall of Fame they are there. There have been poolees asking the same question and was given answers to the same. It may not be in the exact wording as your post but it is referring to home school credits and what to do to get accreditation from the Marine Corps and see if a waiver is needed. Read the Poolee threads and you will get your answers.And maybe just maybe you can find ****!! If not after sufficient time come back and ask again.

Credits
    Savings
    can do and will do.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    1) Absolutely well written Phantom.

2) "hey Marine,i have been looking for posts somewhat like mine and i cant find ****!!"

Phantom, I entered sh*t in the search box and ...you're right, I couldn't find sh*t. LOL

Credits
    Savings
    ok ok yall had yalls fun,but this is a big ass problem that im trying to get stright.i need to talk to a recruter that has been in the game for a long time,that knows all about the TR 2 problem.or ne body that has been n the same boat.

Credits
    Savings
    Phantom Blooper,I have looked through ever thing i know of here and i havent found any thing.Theres only 2 pages on the Poolee Hall,i dont know if im just not looking in the right place or its not there? I have looked at ever forum here,i just cant fine it.What am i doing wrong???

Almost,

From a quick search of the Poolee Hall forum using the search function there was a thread started on 9/4/02 entitled "Independent Studies?" that gives a lot of information about your question, I believe the thread was started by "futuremarine" I would link the thread but that is beyond my BB skill.

Credits
    Savings
    thank u,u dont know how much it means to me to have this info.tkx.
    let me get this stright,i need 15 hours of college creadits?how long u think that would be,a year? I got to go talk to my recruter now.

Almost,

Couple of things -

1. Try and find out some of these answers yourself! Call whatever college you are thinking about attending and ask them. Colleges don't always do the same things, in some colleges classes are 5 credits each and in others they are 3. Then do the math!

2. Stop using abreviations - in reading your posts again, I just noticed your subject "Tr 2" - and after scanning the posts Ellie gave you realized that you may be referring to Tier 2 - your schooling classification. Remember, most of the Marines on this site are not up on all the latest internet short cuts, so be respectful of us and communicate so we can understand you! By showing respect you will get more assistance and respect back, both from us and from your recruiter.

Credits
    Savings
    I see your point,but in my defence i really thought that was what it was,tr2.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    "ok ok yall had yalls fun,but this is a big ass problem that im trying to get stright.i need to talk to a recruter that has been in the game for a long time,that knows all about the TR 2 problem.or ne body that has been n the same boat."

Almost believe me looking up posts to reply on these threads is NO fun for me. I reply and try to mentor to poolees that WANT to HELP themselves and I do enjoy that. But in the same token I have to do my research either through this site, another Marine or military site, the Veterans Administration site or any of the various search engines available. I along with the other Marines that have done their time or are doing the time now expect and will accept NO less from you. You asked and I answered your question.But am I going to do the leg for you...... ? I consider myself to be well versed in a whole lot of subjects and I can also speed and proof read pretty fast. But to read the entire Poolee Hall of Fame and the Mentor thread from the time you logged on yesterday evening asking your question ,logged off and the time you logged on today the fuzzy math in posts in time does not compute. If this is not the case I suggest that you forgo your desire to be one of the finest fighting men and women in the world and take a career at MIT.If you path does lead down the road to the eagle,globe and anchor I will also give you the advice that the drill instructors at the recruit depots,the NCO's,SNCO's and officers in the fleet or wing will guide you but will not do the legwork for you. Since you searched the entire Poolee threads and posts and the Mentor threads and posts you should have run across some of the leadership traits and principles that are expected of a leader.I would suggest that you also look up the definition of initiative and learn how to use it before you come into a site full of underpaid,oversexed,hired killers and start running your mouth.

There have been numerous Marines that have come before me,during my time and after me that deserve the utmost respect from you because they have the title Marine by virtue of blood,sweat and tears that was earned.We were bred by Capt. Samuel Nicholas on November 10,1775 we are not the remnants that ran down his leg.

If you have any more questions I will do my best to answer them for you,if you are sure after doing your own research that these questions have not been answered numerous times before.

Thread Information