School... full of hippis
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

School... full of hippis

My school is absolutely full of Hippis and anti-government, anti - military ....people.... and I cant stand it anymore people think im an Idiot for wanting to be a Marine but i dont care... ill be doing what they won't and ill know that ive done something in my life.

any of you poolees have the same kids in your school????

young man you wouldnt know a hippie if he bit you. sounds to me you got a bunch a scumbags, Maggots, Nastypukes, numbnuts and so on and so on. There hasnt been any hippies since the 60s

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

I can relate

The vast majority of my friends might as well be "Green Day" clones. While none would dare call me dumb to my face, I can tell they respect me less for enlisting... which is very sad.

And talking to people for referals is like pulling teeth.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    hrscowboy,
    "There hasnt been any hippies since the 60s" LOL! And they don't play 60s-70s music on the radio either. Actually, Smalcom, hippies are all around you...on school boards, in politics. They are teachers, principals, firemen, priests, moms and dads...they are everywhere and everything. They have assimilated back into the very system they despised and ridiculed when they were younger. You might know one, if he or she bit you on your caboose, because their teeth/dentures might fall out. LOL
    Go about your business, as you see fit. Accomplish what you set out to do in practice not theory. I hope that everything goes as well as can be expected for you. Take care now.
    Oh, yeah, Smalcom...what's Location: boring place? If you are intent on becoming a US.Marine and do everything that your recruiters prescibe you to do, alonf with your other daily tasks,....you won't be bored. You will be busier than all get out
    Gary

hey smalcom,
    I know just the type of people you are talking about. It sucks, BUT we are better because we will be MARINES. Just doing that alone will have earned the respect of most of our elders while the others will be trying their whole lives. Don't worry, as my best friend who is a PFC in oki says" You can take the biggest goof in the Marine Corps and they will still be 110% better than anyone you went to school with thats not a Marine."

Registered User Free Member gibby1371's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    i believe it, when i went home on boot leave i visited a few of my friends at college and i got jumped by about 3 guys how were complete anti everything American, so i can believe that some kids might think that way. Dont let them get you down or demotivate you just stay away from them they will eventually see the what you will be doing makes a difference and when the are flipping burgers they will think differently.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Yup, all of the old school hippies are in their 40s and 50s now.

Smalcom, you will be doing something for yourself and for many others also. 60 years from now those punks at school will not be remembered for thier 'clone' status, but you will always be rememberd as a United States Marine!

Don't worry

Don't worry about the others are saying or thinking about you Smalcolm. When you have seen more places than they have and been to more areas around the world than they could dream of you will have the bragging rights. just being a Marine will give you bragging rights. You will out grow any of them and will see that when you go back on Leave that they are doing the same thing each time and you will be able to tell them your " stories " about what you have done.

As for Hippies, Yellowing has it right. They are in their 40s and 50s but they also still speak out against the military. It has to do with fear. They are afraid that since they were to much a coward to face the War in their younger days that todays War in no different. They continue to preach about freedoms that some-one else died to give them and the freedoms they never earned for themselves. They are content to down everything we do just to try to make themselves feel better. It may be the only way they can come to terms with their cowardness from years ago.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Smalcom
    My school is absolutely full of Hippis and anti-government, anti - military ....people.... and I cant stand it anymore people think im an Idiot for wanting to be a Marine but i dont care... ill be doing what they won't and ill know that ive done something in my life.

any of you poolees have the same kids in your school????

I know how it is, we have them too. Theres this one kid, damn I want to beat the **** out of him. Ive heard him say the military is useless more than once, that anybody that joins is a murderer and some sadistic nut-job.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    DN!&, the fact that ya want to beat the **** out of him kinda confirms his point.

exactly right..... these people are ALL AROUND.... and ya just cant shake em i guess... gotta get through it.... and dont worry I WILL.

Smalcom i know the kind of people that you're talking about, my school is exactally like that but at my school everyone who wants to join the military is all for the army but i don't care what people say i would rather me a Marine instead of a soldier. but know this no matter where you are there will always be people like that around you. just stay focused and keep your head and most importantly don't let what they say get to you cuz what they think and say don't matter cuz the only thing that matters is what you think and do, but if it helps any i know you can make it and you'll probably make a fine Marine.

thanks christine... and i will... just gotta brush em off lol

Credits
    Savings
    Smalcom,

I know exactly what you are talking about. I was in my fourth year of college when I decided to enlist and all my friends thought I was an idiot for what I was doing. Who the hell are they to judge you just because they don't have the balls to do what you are doing. Keep your head up Poolee!!!

Devious

anytime Smalcom, just brush them off like it's nothing cuz really they ain't.

Thread Information