Marine Reserves
Create Post

Thread: Marine Reserves

Exclamation Marine Reserves

Hello
    I have some questions and need some help! Dont we all though!!

Anyways Im looking to join the marines corps (reserves) but I dont know what jobs are available. Everywhere I go tells me to talk to a recruiter and I have but they basically said motor T something else and MP.

I am a college student right now studying Business adm, photography and journalism and would like to do something in those areas. Without going active. Possible?

My other question was that say I do MP and once I finish school in 2 years could I become active and switch my MOS or would I have to stay with MP?

You do need to talk to a recruiter. They will be the one to best advise you what MOS's are available in your area. If you go active you will have the whole Marine Corps to choose from. but remember that the Marine Corps will also put you where they need you . Yes they need accountants and pencil pushers and Im sure thats alot of fun also crunching numbers but your a rifleman first. So dont be surprised to end up in Iraq with a rifle in your hand , and only memories of your calculator to keep you warm.

Thanks for the reply

Im just weary of talking to a recruiter...I was in the DEP before and basically got screwed over! But thank you for your help!

Well, either way, if you're planning on enlisting.. you're going to have to speak to a recruiter one way or another.

Recruiter is who you need to really sit down and talk with for that.

Thread Information