School... full of hippis - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    This topic has been very helpful to me, because I get my share of the "hippy" and anti-military as well, as my Marine Corps aspirations are well known by my friends.

Luckily, a good handful of my friends respect me for my decision, and defend me when someone gets out of line with disrespecting the Corps.. which sadly, happens commonly by a few disrespectful pukes.

God Bless America, God Bless the Corps. I will serve my country, even if some of my country choose to be blinded by their own foolishness. All the more reason to be stronger in your goals as you guys/gals said.

Don’t worry Smalcom, although it may seem like the world is full of dirty hippies there is a silent majority of people in our country who appreciate our service. And for those worthless scumbags that don’t I always think of this quote when I think about them.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Thread Information