Trouble Joining The Marines
Create Post

Trouble Joining The Marines

I used to be on medication for ADHD and have been off a full year, have a doctors notes, all the med docs, and everything. I have already gone to MEPS and qualified other than the temp DQ for the ADHD. My recruiter told me I would deffinatly get in if I got a report card showing straight As and they'd put me in. I got the report card, and he said they 'bumped me out'. Now saying I will get in as long as I get really good grades this last year of highschool and get my High School Diploma.

My question is how realistic is it that I will be able to enlist given my current situation. I just want to make sure my recruiter is not giving me false hope. Thanks.

No matter the outcome, continue to go for the grades. You will then have done your part and put the ball in the recruiters side of the court. It's a win if you join or a win if you don't. Just follow his advice. (It's good training in advance )

Greg-

GSO Speaks truth. We've talked on AIM about your situation...and you know my stance on it. However, aiming for a decent report card is never a bad thing to do. Push for it, show them you're determined. It could just be a test, your recruiter seeing exactly how committed you are to becoming a US Marine. As I told ya on IM...I think if your recruiter really knew you couldn't get in, he'd tell you. They'd gain nothing by jerking you around...in truth, they'd be wasting their time...and time is new poolees.

You'll know when they don't want you around anymore. I sure did, after returning from Boot with the medical.

-Sullivan

Focus Fate

Keep pushing Young Person. I know of several Poolees with the same ADD/ADHD situation. As long as you have the documentation you have been off of all medication for over a year and get and keep your grades up you'll be given the chance to become one of The Few.
    Good Luck.

rich

Thanks for the replies guys.

I recently recieved this terms report card. All Bs and an A I told my recruiter and he said it's good, but to get them up. Which I know I can do.

Thanks again!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    FOCUS,
    Just a quick note to you. In 1970 I was going thru boot at PI. During 2d phase at the range our series commander, 1Lt. SMELTZER (yes guys I still remember all thier names) got on the wash racks outside the barracks and gave a speech. He commented that we were all "quitters", and went on to explain that sometime during our lives we had all come up to an obstacle that we felt we could not do and quit.

With these words I became determined to never quit anything I wanted to do again. 35 years later I still refuse to quit. I constantly "push" myself to excell at what I am doing. While in 2d Recon Bn I came across the RECON CREED. It says that I will never quit, to quit is to fail, I WILL NOT FAIL.

what I am trying to relay to you is there is only ONE person who can make it happen. That is you. If you want it (bad enough) YOU will get it.

GOOD LUCK

Sgt. Bob "Ironman" VANDYNE
    0341/0321

Death smiles at everyone,
    Marines smile back.

Looks like you guys were right. Got a bit of an update. I was in school and my english teacher commented that now that I've done all I gotta do my senior year, if I was going to graduate in Janurary (yes, JANURARY) or in March. I said I'd have to talk to my recruiter. My recruiter calls up the Gunny, calls me back, tells me its all good to go! He said that I just have to get straight As this last reportcard (Which I can, and WILL do. I know I can) and that graduating this early will actually look GOOD for my ADD waiver to go through. I also have an A&B charge he says I just have to do some green weight (community service) to make that waiver go though. (The A&B was never an issue because he always assured me it'd go right through.) So thanks for the motovation guys! I'll let you know more as it comes it!

Semper Fi!

Kick some a**, hardcharger.

Good luck with all of that, hope it all works your way which it should cuz i know people with the same problem as you and they're Marines now so it looks like you're good to go, hang in there. semper fi.

Thread Information