Jarhead The Movie - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    The tech advisor on Jarhead was SgtMajor James Dever (Ret) and a couple of other retired SNCOs were also involved.

For those who want to compare the portrayal of the Corps in Jarhead to WWII "classics" like "Sands of Iwo Jima" or "Guadalcanal Diary" - this is a different time and a different place. Swofford states in the opening paragraph of the book that he wanted to be anything but a Marine - yet - the book (and to some extent the movie) show that even though in many ways he was the "anti-Marine"- he still humped his ruck and did his job when the chips were down.

For those that don't think that there is censorship regarding press access- what rock have you been living under?

Just as society itslef has changed since the 1960s and 70s, so has the Corps.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I actually served during the time that Swooford served. And after watching the movie and not reading the book, I came out of the theater with my wife and told her that the movie was nothing like the real thing. I actually served with a sh*tbird that reminded me of Swofford, always trying to get out of sh*t, if you didn't want to work or serve then he shouldv'e joined the PeaceCorps or some sh*t like that. Why try and bash the Corps after they try to make you better person. Go blame Suzy rotten crotch for fvcking up your life don't blame the Corps and the brothers that believe and love the Corps. If you have an agenda great but don't try and drag all the Real Marines who actually believe in the term "BROTHERHOOD". So the movie Svcks and I am quite sure the book does too. Thank you for letting me get on this soapbox.

SEMPER FI
    IYAOYAS

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    double d,

I would appreciate you getting the "CORPS" correctly documented. We are not the "CORE" "CORP" or "CORPSE". The sooner you get attention to detail the better off you will be especially if you are planning on being an officer of Marines.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    No combat! No politics! And a naked Marine running around in a Santa hat! What kind of war movie is that?

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

Thread Information