Thank You!!!!!
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank You!!!!!

Thank You!!!!!

First of all I would like to say I, along with Shawns family will never be able to thank all of you enough for all of your prayers and support! It means so much to us, and Shawn. This website has brought comfort and so much support for me through all this. I have gotten several e-mails from people asking what they can do and how they can help. We are sitting pretty good right now, but today the family and I were blest with a VERY generous gift from the Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund. I was absolutely blown away at their generosity helping cover costs and helping compensate for lack of pay at work. I was speechless, it is such a blessing and a sign that God is here to help us in every little detail of this. The support and amazing brotherhood of the Marine Corps is so moving, I am so touched and blest. I wanted to pass the information from this Fund along to you, if any of you wish to help out, doing it through this fund would be so neat, as they have done so much and been so kind to us. Just incase anyone is interested.

Their website is www.SemperFiFund.org

825 College Blvd
    Suite 102, PMB 609
    Oceanside, CA 92057 Ph: 703 640 0181

and also the yellow ribbon fund has been awesome!

Just a HUGE thank you to all of you!!!!! Shawn recieved his MASSIVE Marine Corps flag today! He REALLY liked it! The first thing he said was "put it up on the wall!" His mom and I put it on the curtain seperating the two beds in his room, so now his curtain is a HUGE Marine Corps flag! The Commedant of the Marine Corps is visiting tomorrow, Shawn was excited that he would see it! I would like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart! Not only have you touched Shawn, but myself as well. And I know his family too! He has a long road to recovery, but people like you all make it a little easier. Shawn has a window room now. His roomate left, so Shawn is happy to have the window. Here is shawns address for whoever does not have it yet, for cards ect.

LCpl Shawn Seeley
    Marine Casualty Services Branch
    8901 Wisconsin Ave
    Bethesda, MD 20889

Anyways, thank you again, you all are amazing!

Mandy, Amanda, whichever!

Great News Amanda, Just Make Sure Hes Clean Shavin For The Big Day To-morrow. Had To Say It. Yes There Is A God And Yes We Sure Are One Big Family. Semper Fi Shawn, Get Well Soon Bro.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Amanda, and Seeley's family,

I have enjoyed watching the posts on here particularly the ones were Shawn is making a healthy comeback. I know that he has a long way to go but I think with all of us pulling for him he doesn't have a chance to fail, not that he would anyway.

LCPL Seeley you had better have a clean inspection ready haircut and shave. Do you understand me...????!!!!

Semper Fidelis

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    Hospital corners, clean bandages, maybe hang and M.R.E. from the IV hook.

Might be a good time for that INSPECTION pillow that was on your rack before

Good to go Lance Corporal. Your in good hands, good company, and in the longest lasting brotherhood that has ever been.

Sempers

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    mrbsox,

I couldn't have said it better myself. Oh LCpl Seeley don't forget under your fingernails....!!!! Just trying to keep your head above water. I wouldn't want you to fail your inspection.

Semper Fidelis

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    Do you remember "NO TIME FOR SERGEANTS',
    Andy Griffith in Army basic training, P.L.O. ??

Wonder what it would take to rig Seely's traction ropes up, to snap him to ATTENTION when General Hagee walks in ??

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That would be a hoot. But I think he would be in a lot of pain. Ans yes I do remember the lids all at the sametime...LOL

Thumbs up As For Me

Amanda, you are the one we here need to thank along with Charles and Mrs. Seeley.
    Thank You All

Thank you Charles and Robin for giving the Corps a Young Man that challenged us as well as himself. Thank you both for raising a Son who decided to take the High Road before furthering his education. Thank you both for the unselfishness you showed as you supported this Young Man with his Dream.

Thank you Amanda for keeping us informed of L/Cpl Seeley's progress. Thank you for coming here to Our Home and asking the questions you have and standing beside your Man as he entered this new life.

You will never know just how proud of Shawn and you we all are.

God Bless all of you.

And Marine......... I expect the sharpest salute you can muster in the AM to our CMC. It's your day, enjoy it.

rich

Well the Commedant just left Shawns room. He was very nice, and Shawn was very happy to see him. It was so neat. He recieved his purple heart today from the Commedant!! That was a surprise! There were a ton of pictures taken, I don't have a digital camera with me, but his mom is going to try to post the pics on here for everyone to see! That was very special! Wow!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Amanda,

What was Shawn's expression? I can only imagine....???? Dang it, its a shame I have to be at work...!!!! Please keep us posted and the condition of Randall is needed if you can find out anything. His rank HM2, or HM3. Whatever you can find out.

Thank you...!!!!

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I would have liked to have been there.
    But Mom will send the photos soon as the laptop comes.
    As for Randell, We spent alot of time with his parents while we were down there,wonderful folks.
    As bad as Shawn is at least he is out of ICU and has all his limbs.
    The news I got from Robin today om Randell was very hard to hear, They said he is on his way out of ICU soon but he may have to have his stomach open for up to a year.
    I wish they were part of this community here because of the support and the area to get away from it all.
    I hope in story and info on this young Medic gets out and he gets all the love and prayers he also needs.
    Dad..

Credits
    Savings
    Well said JAMarine.

LCpl Seeley and Amanda, you both have made me very proud to get to know you through this site. Your strength and determination is an insperation to all of us here. Keep up the faith, and know that we will be here as long as you need us.

"Semper Fi"

p.s. Looking forward to seeing the pictures with the CMC!!!

Ron

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up

Amanda, and all, family too,

I wish I could have been there like I have posted before. There will be stuff coming in for the corpsman but we need his address and rank also. Please if you can get it that would be a great help. If Robin reads this or Amanda please give his parents a hug from me. They need all they can get too...!!!!

Semper Fidelis

I told his family that all the Marines on Leatherneck.com were asking about him and praying for him. I will ask them for the address next time I see them. Last I heared, his parents believe he knows they are there, as his eyes are finally focusing on them.. He is trying to prop himself up, they think he might be realizing his leg is gone. I will certainly give his parents a hug for you.

By the way, shawns expression was pretty awe struck and surprised. We did not know he would be awarded his purple heart. That was awesome! He was talking to him and looked honored and excited and nervious all at the same time!

Thread Information