My visit with LCpl Shawn Seeley - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member captken's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I just called the floor that the Doc is on. He can have visitors between 1000 and 2000. I'll be up there tomorrow and plan to stop by. Also would like to see Shawn but don't want to get in the way. I know they both need lots of rest. BTW FYI Doc is on 5W.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up

captken,

Thank for the gouge. Tell him from and old marine I said getwell and that I am going to try to see him on the 5th of Nov (Sat). Glad to hear that he is out of the ICU..

yeah, Randell is doing much better, he is on the same floor as shawn and is responding very well. Awesome!

Credits
    Savings
    Good to hear that news Amanda concerning both men.

captken, let that Devil Doc know that he has our support and prayers. Keep us posted....

Credits
    Savings
    Roger that!

Credits
    Savings
    Got up to Bethesda today. Ya know...in my 36 years in uniform I've been in the presence of some pretty important people. But I'll tell you I've never been in the presense of greatness like I was today. Those kids (they are SO young!!) and the great ladies that stand at their side are the greatest people I've ever had the honor to meet.

The two heros are across the hall from each other. I visited Shawn first. He was pretty much out of it. I'm pretty sure he didn't see or hear me come in. Amanda was there and I got to talk to her for a few minutes.

Shawn, m' man...ya done good!! What a lovely, mature young lady! Then again, I guess you knew that.

Next I went over to Randall's room and met his girlfriend. I didn't get her name. OK...OK so I don't do so good around beautiful women!!

Randall was zonked. He actually looked better than I imagined he would. His color seemed pretty good. His girlfriend said they hope to get a skin graft over his stomach wound. I didn't push too hard for more info. She was pretty soft spoken and quiet. I did find out that they are both from San Diego. As I was getting ready to leave she thanked me for coming and asked me to please come back. I've had some pretty heavy duty op orders in my career but none that will be followed more closely than that one. I hope to be back up in the next week or so.

Amanda will be going home for a couple of weeks. Have a save trip and try to relax! Hopefully he'll be moving about some when you return.

If you could get me Randall's girlfriend's name I would greatly appreciate it. Also, does he go by Randell or Nathanial or what? If you or someone who has access to this web site could gather some intel we'd all be grateful. Those of us who live in this area would appreciate some suggestions as to what we could/should do. That you are in our prayers is a given.

By the way I got the name of the Navy Chief who is responsible for patient relations. He'll be in on Monday. I'll give him a call and find out what he recommends we do.

I'm tempted to close by saying "God bless America" but then I think of those four kids that I saw today and I realize that He already has!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    captken,

Thanks for thr update I know that it was very difficult to do. From what I get is he goes by Randell. Amanda, take care hope to see you one of these days when you return. Try to relax some when you get back home. Shawn is being taken care of.

Thank you so much for the update. I also think he goes by Randell, that's the only name we had for awhile.

Thanks for the update Capt. Glad to hear they are doing good.

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by captken
    I'm tempted to close by saying "God bless America" but then I think of those four kids that I saw today and I realize that He already has!
    Well said, SIR !!

Have never thought of it like that, but will definantly remember, that perhaps his IS Blessing our great Nation once again.
    We have only to remember that we are raising the generation he intends toi do it with.

Thank you for the trip to our brothers (and sisters), and the word.

Fair seas Captian.
    Semper Fidelis

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up

A gentleman by the name of thebish, Steven Brooks emailed the pictures of Shawn, The Commandant, Robin Shawn's mom, Judy Shawn's grandmother, and of course Amanda. Witout any further ado and barring any technical problems here is Shawn with Purple Heart. Shawn with the Commadant of the Marine Corps and, the entire group at Shawn's (19 October 2005) bedside...!!! Sorry for the small size the restrictions on the file make them small.

Semper Fidelis

Last edited by GySgtRet; 11-05-05 at 06:52 PM.

For viewing the above pics---click on them to enlarge.
    Thanks Gunny!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    greensideout,

10-4.

UR Welcome. Under the surcomstaneces he doesn't look too bad.

Semper Fidelis

Oorah, Thanks Gunny, Been Waiting For A Pic. Shawn Looks Like He Is Sure Getting Better. The Prayers Are Still Going Out For All Our Troops.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up

Chopper7199,

I will be returning to Bethesda on the 5th of November. I will try to get more pics if he wants me to take them. All prayers are focused on all the troops in this action from me.

Semper Fidelis

Thread Information