My visit with LCpl Shawn Seeley - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    It's good to see that he's in good spirits and getting better by the day.

Semper Fi.

You're a good man, Gunny! Thanks for this posting as I know we all are following Shawn's recovery, and it's really good seeing him smile.

Semper Fi!

Bob

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Jerry,

There maybe more that he likes his mom told me male Country Western. That could be quite a few. If you are thinking what I am thinking you can send them through me or directly to the NNMC, whichever you preferr. I will be going backup.

Semper Fidelis

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You da Man Jerry.

Semper Fidelis

Credits
    Savings
    Gunny,
    You have done something truly admirable and MARINE -like!!

If you need reinforcements, I will be in Quantico in the beginning of November. I just came back last weekend via the hell we call the beltway.

Thank you Gunny for all you do.
    Colleen

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Good news, Gunny - I am headed up to see Shawn today for a bit - bringing him a Toby Keith CD and a small vial of sand from Iwo Jima that tigger got on a side trip from a float.

Like the gunny, I am ready to tote anything you guys may want to send him...

May still have to try and smuggle in a beer, too...to be drunk when he completes his rehab. I'l let you know how he is today....

Gunny, I am Shawn's uncle and I can't thank you and everyone here enough for all the support you have given Shawn and the rest of the family. I will be heading up to see him and his mom at the end of the month, so your picture was the first time I got to see him since it happened. I got to talk to him briefly on the phone today (he was about to shave of that beard and rather preoccupied about that!) but he said how great it was that you came by. It meant a lot to Robin (his mom) as well. I know that this community is an extension of our family and that Shawn is very well loved by all of you here.

Thank you and God Bless,

Steve Brooks

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    thebish, and all,

I did not realize the impact that I had on Shawn and his family. Marinemom please let me know how it goes. CAS about the time you are planning on going is when I planning on going backup there, but it has to be on the weekend, it actually better to go then anyway since parking is at a premium, and traffic is slightly better then to.

thebish,

A personal note to you. I had a feeling that someone along the community needed to see for themselves how Shawn was doing. It is just a token to all of the family and now worldwide friends that this has begun to impact. I did it as I have said before just to tell him thank you.

Semper Fidelis

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Thanks for the update, Gunny! That youngster we knew since 10th grade now has the Hard Corps look. ooo-rahh

Credits
    Savings
    Well folks, I am back from seeing Shawn - cleanly shaved, hair in a high and tight and with pupils in his eyes the size of dinner plates. He told me that the drugs were reeeeallllllyyy good.

He was surprised that I was there - but then he told me that he surprised when Gunyy came up yesterday. Surprises are sometimes good, Shawn.

He is on what is known as an "air bed" - no contact with a hard mattress for his legs and wounds. Plugged in to machinery - got IVs running. But, his smile is great and big and bright.

When I asked if he needed anything, he said "No, mom, they are taking real good care of me and Amanda is here evry day and takes care of me, too."

Three cheers for Amanda!

I gave him a couple of CDs - Waylon Jennings, Toby and I threw in a Meatloaf, so the kid can appreciate good rock (from my generation), and one by a guy named Chris Rea. He is a Brit and the Royal Marines really like him. So, he can experiment with his music. I told him to put Waylon on and blast the nurses and corpsmen - he just grinned.

When I gave him the vial of sand from Iwo - which I told was a moto gift - he just looked at me - and the vial was in his left hand and he never put it down while I was there. He just kept saying "Sand from Iwo Jima", so I guess we can say that it was hit.

He goes into surgery tomorrow to have more clean out work done on his leg - he said he will be getting more of that. But he is in a great mood and ready to have done whatever is necessary and will work on anything to get out of the hospital.

I have to tell you guys that I almost lost it when I left - he called me back - lifted that right hand (without a thumb and a ton of bandages on it) to his forehead and said "Marinemom - Semper Fi" - I answered him with an Ooo-rah... and left the room before I got misty.

Where do we get these young men? Shawn Seeley, you are amazing!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    marinemom,

Now that you have met Shawn. I don't know where we get these young men from??? I guess ther are from moms like you...??? I am glad that you had the same or it looks like better results with a hand salute...!!! Well, have a wonderful evening I know that you will be thinking of whatelse to do as I am.

Hand Salute ma'am

Marinemom, once again I missed the visitors... If anyone else visits him, i want to meet you! Marinemom, I went in his room about a half hour after you left and he was still holding the sand from Iwo Jima. He showed everyone who came in his room. He really enjoys the visits. Today they put him on semi solid foods, God is good, God is good!

Credits
    Savings
    Sorry that I missed you, too, Amanda - and I am glad that my little "moto" vial is doing some good - I'll try to get up next weekend - tote along a few more things he may like.

Glad to hear he is getting a better diet - I did offer to sneak in a Big Mac or a pizza - and he just grinned at me.....he do not know very well - I just may do it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Amanda,

Gret news compaired to my visit. Although he kknows that he has a long raod to hoe, he is making excellent progress. One of these days me you and marinemom may meet, I hope.

God Bless you all...!!!

This Is Fantastic

I'm extremely proud of all the "Leatherneck" Family. For all who have joined in prayer and tribute to this Young Man and to those who have taken time out of their lives to travel and visit Shawn.

Like G. Shaffer stated, this has always been the vision.

Marines helping Marines.

Shawn, we are all very Proud of you. Stay the course Marine.

Semper Fidelis Shawn.

rich

Thread Information