Depot DIs ready for some football:
Create Post

Cool Depot DIs ready for some football:

Depot DIs ready for some football: Marines introduce first San Diego Monday Night Football game in nearly a decade
    MCRD San Diego
    Story by Pfc. Kaitlyn Scarboro

MARINE CORPS RECRUIT DEPOT SAN DIEGO, Calif. (Oct. 14, 2005) -- Three depot drill instructors auditioned Sunday at Qualcomm stadium for the chance to be the pre-game opener of the Monday Night Football Chargers vs. Steelers, game.

Staff Sgt. Chris C. Krusemark, senior drill instructor, Platoon 1115, Company C, commanded the drill instructors to attention before giving the game viewers preparatory command: "San Diego, California... Are you ready for some football!"

Krusemark and Staff Sgts. Anthony Glenn II and Dustin R. Kazmar thrilled the public relations representatives of the Chargers during auditions on Sunday with booming voices and sharp uniforms.

The drill instructors were directed onto the field and told what to say to perform their auditions. Before the representatives could get the microphones for practice, the drill instructors were already lined up, voices echoing through the stadium like only a drill instructor's voice can.

After much deliberation and several run-throughs for each drill instructor, the Chargers representatives announced Krusemark as spokesman for the game.

To prepare for the game, Krusemark rehearsed the night before.

"I kept repeating the words in my head. I've only got 4 words but still ... ," he said.

Krusemark said he was nervous that he might call the wrong command or say the wrong city name or sport when it was time for his live performance in front of the nation.

After practices at the stadium, it was time for Krusemark to perform.

"I feel blessed, honored to represent the Marine Corps to the nation and basically the world. I've been a Chargers fan for a long time. This is like a dream come true," said Krusemark.

The Chargers are beginning to incorporate more military into the season, according to Sean V. O'Connor, director of stadium and game operations and special events.

Ellie

Krusemark should replace Hank Jr. and be compensated for it.

I was in class, and when I got home my wife said (with smurking grin) to bad you coudln't of watched the game opener. It was motivating. I wish I could have saw it. I need motivation after a night class.

SSgt. Kazmar was a drill instructor in my Series, definitely a motivated one, too. He was promoted to SSgt while I was at San Diego, meritoriously. That would have been great for him to get it.

looking to contact kazmar, great DI

Thread Information