Please Pray For LCpl Shawn Seeley - Page 10
Create Post
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    A LETTER FROM SHAWN!

Hey all This is a letter from Seeleys mouth. A direct quote word for word. I told him I would write down what he said, and he said he wanted me to post this on leatherneck for all of you. so here is shawn...

"Friends, Hey it's me, I'm doing okay, Mandy is taking good care of me, and the medical staff is really good. I'm at the Presidents Hospital, near D.C.
    The days are long here and not to exciting, but amanda takes up a lot of the day, and the rest of my family too. Mandy should be a nurse. I got new casts today so I am a bit more comfortable. Water and jello seem to be working pretty good, since they go down easy. I'm doing really well and they think they will be able to move me from ICU to the upstairs in a couple days. So I'll be out of here soon and able to talk to you guys!"

LCpl Shawn Seeley
    USMC

Thanks Mandy, great to hear from Shawn...also that your really there for him...what a lucky guy, in more ways than one...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
    Ricardo

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LCpl Seeley,

Glad to see that you are not exactly up and about but you are getting closer to it. ICU to a ward great news develdog...!!! Your recovery is very positive not just for you but you, your family, Amanda and members of your unit. See you Saturday, I hope.

Semper Fidelis

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    Hang in there Lance Coolie
    Prayers are stil INCOMING, every day, for ALL of you.

See if you can get someone to slip a brew in for that Corpsman. It's his Birthday.... and to say thanks from all of us.

Terry
    Semper Fidelis

GOOD GOING SHAWN, LOOKS LIKE YOUR IN THE NEXT PHASE AGAIN, JUST LIKE BOOT, FROM ONE TO THE NEXT THEN OUT OF THERE. NO DOUBT YOU WILL GETTER DONE. THE PRAYERS FOR YOU AND THE REST ARE STILL GOING OUT. SEMPER FI BRO

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Good news for Shawn, this kid is on the recovery freeway, The docs are amazed at his progrees.
    He just had the vent tube removed from his mouth yesterday, today hes eating jellow and sippin juice,this afternoon he is watching a movie on my portible DVD player.
    They just said he is moving out of ICU to the upper floor with other soldiers. Moving fast now..
    No surgery today there are others more in need of them today.
    Plan is Monday to do the Femer and possibly the Heal on the other foot.
    His memory of it all is comming back, they thought he was dead when they lifted the half of the hummer off him.
    Thank GOD for the Kevlar helmet and the vest.
    Dad...

Credits
    Savings
    More soldiers comming in tonight.
    Pray that they all recover fast and the families are as connected as we are.Thanks to our local Marine Moms and Dads, This wonderful site and all those on it ,our church family and loved ones back home and all those we havent met who send support.
    Im sorry I dont have the name right now but shawn recieved a Hand made Quilt from a Gold star mom from Yakima Wa. Thats on the dry side of the state from us Thank you for your love and Quilt...

Your news keeps getting better and better. Thanks Mandy and "folks" for the updates. Our prayers are continueing for Shawn and you all. God bless!

Semper Fi!

Bob

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    im4chuck,

Your news is so wonderful. I am surprised that the surgeries are being put off though...??? There are people coming in worse shape than Shawn. He doesn't seem like he would mind knowing what I know of him, as an unselfish Marine.

Semper Fidelis

Thumbs up

Seeley,
    Keep up the good healing!!!! Sounds like you are doing great. Apparently all of our prayers helped, at least I hope they did.

Hang in there and concentrate on getting all healed and back to the Fleet.

SEMPER FI MARINE,
    OLE SARG

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    This was a very tough thread to read through. I guess its that Esprit de Corps in all of us that pains us so when we can't be right there.

Whether its in the thick of battle or watching by your Bro's bedside. We all want to be there.

Semper Fi, Shawn. You know we are all praying for you.

So happy to hear how fast Shawn is recovering. I finally was able to update the hubby on Shawns progress and he sends well wishes and of course lots of prayers.

Credits
    Savings
    We are out of ICU and in the sugery ward.
    Shawn has a roommate and is very nice he has been here a while.
    Bring on the drug induced dreams. He thought he flew in a plane to this room and would like to get off the plane now.
    They have reduced the amount of morphine from 20mg to self induced by a button on top of his current 11mg if needed.
    Trouble is he has no use of his hands..
    so we will be near by for awhile.
    but its nice to be here and doing so well.
    Dad..

My prayers go out to Shawn and all those who have paid the price for our freedom. Semper Fi!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    sheesh...at times like these worrying over one of our own, I wish I had a 25mg buttom to push to calm me down!

Thread Information