Another hair question...
Create Post

Another hair question...

Please don't shoot me down..I've searched this site for female hair regulation but I can't seem to find them when it comes to black people (African American if you want to be politically correct ). I'm trying to get braids but all I know is that they have to be the same color as my natural hair color. Does anybody know any more about this?

" 1. Braids. Medium and long hair may be braided. Multiple braiding (defined as more than two braids) is authorized. When worn, multiple braids shall be of uniform dimension, small in diameter (approx. 1/4 inch), show no more than 1/8 of an inch of scalp between the braids and must be tightly interwoven to present a neat, professional, well groomed appearance. Foreign material (i.e., beads, decorative items) shall not be braided into the hair. Braids must continue to the end of the hair in one direction, in a straight line, and can be worn loose per medium hair length guidelines or secured to the head in the same manner as described for medium or long length hair styles. Ends shall be secured only with inconspicuous rubber bands. If multiple braids are worn they must encompass the whole head. MARADMIN 504/07"

Found at: http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sit...hapter%201.asp

Summary:
    -No beads
    -Braids must be same size, about 1/4 inch
    -Must be in a straight line and tight with no wisps
    -1/8 inch or less of scalp between multiple braids
    -Must use clear plastic or similar hair color rubber bands to secure ends
    -When fully braided, if the tips do not touch below the collar line it can be worn freely

If the ends are longer after you're done braiding, secure all the braid ends in a tight bun.

Hope this helped.

That was a big help thank you!

I saw you also asked about micro braids in another forum. I've done a little research, but found both yes and no responses to this. Hairstyles can't interfere with wearing of head gear, and I know some micro braid styles can be kind of "big".

Your best option is probably to go to recruit training without micro braids and then get a definitive answer there. The last thing you want to do it drop a lot of money on the braids only to be told you have to take them out.

Thread Information