go Native Americans!

go rednecks....er, i mean redskins!

nope, don't see a prob with NA mascots.

"sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never harm me."

Originally posted by ramstown
    Check out the following website:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...524EST7344.DTL

Stay Hard Marines!
    It seems like the stunt boomeranged on the guys. People thought it was pretty cool that someone would honor a team with a name like that, but in truth, you must admit, we have never heard of a team called the 'Fighting Custers" either! Now, if this team wanted to make a statement, they should have put George Armstrong Custer on the T-shirt, but I do not think it would have made a difference, after all, it is just a name used to depict the fighting spirit of admired warriors, White, Black, Brown, red or Yellow, whatever. I believe the LSU football team had the most feared defense in the nation some years back, and they called them the 'Chinese Bandits' or something like that, and no one ever thought bad of it!

After all, it is just a name! But, it is a name meant to throw fear into the opposition!

To date, but I am not sure about tomorrow, there are no 'Poodles', no 'Field mice', no 'salesmen', no 'CEOs', and no 'Politicians' or 'Lawyers' as far as mascot names go for any teams of any ranking that I know of. Just teams that are full of pride in what they call themselves!

Thread Information