Need Advice?!? i'm here to help y'all...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need Advice?!? i'm here to help y'all...

Hello, Everyone! My name is Vanessa and I am a former Parris Island recruit...Former as in no longer in the military. I was on the Island for about 5 months-the whole time in FRP. I arrived on the 7th of February and was not off the Island until 23 of June. I was a MRS recruit due to a knee injury which never healed and I was sent home for it...but I'm still motivated and counting the days until I can return to the Island and finally accomplish what I set out to do; Become A United States Marine. I know that there are many recruits who end-up in STC [Special Training Company] for all deifferent reasons, if you have any quesitons in regards to STC or boot camp in general...I want to extend an invitation to send me an email or post it here and I will answer your questions as best I know how...and with the limited first-hand knowledge I do have...

*~*dobie*~*

Hiya, Vanessa. I am going to PI soon. sometime this fall. My bf and bro are Marines, so I know the basics of the Corps. Im just wondering how the females go about 'personal things' in boot. shaving legs and stuff like that. what things did you learn there, even being in a STC. When can you re-enlist? Maybe we'll run into eachother!
    Tegan

FRP?? MRS?? On the Island for five months. Left before earning the title and still motivated to return for Round 2..... Damn, girl! If that's not moto, I don't know what is.

Stay Motivated Hardcharger!!!

Originally posted by Tegan
    Hiya, Vanessa. I am going to PI soon. sometime this fall. My bf and bro are Marines, so I know the basics of the Corps. Im just wondering how the females go about 'personal things' in boot. shaving legs and stuff like that. what things did you learn there, even being in a STC. When can you re-enlist? Maybe we'll run into eachother!
    Tegan
    Trsut me, Chika...You don't have time to deal with that stuff. Shaving your legs? Dream on...you'll be lucky if you get a shower your first month or so there...haha...The shower in itself is about 1 minute of your whole platoon running threw freezing cold water! It's fun...haha...but it's the training! Basically the other *stuff* if you want send me an email and I'll fill you in!

In STC you learn basically the same stuff [class-weise] as you do in training. The Drill Instructors get you locked on to knowledge! It's a good experiecne none the less! I can re-enlist as soon as I heal from the surgery I had yesterday to fix my knee injury that caused me to get discharged! It should be about 6 weeks or so! I'm motivated and can't wiat! Good Luck!

*~*dobie*~*

Originally posted by SLU_fly_girl
    FRP?? MRS?? On the Island for five months. Left before earning the title and still motivated to return for Round 2..... Damn, girl! If that's not moto, I don't know what is.

Stay Motivated Hardcharger!!!
    Truthfully, I'd return as many times as it'd take to get that title! Boot camp is hard but it's fun! I had plenty of friends while I was in FRP who I made that were in all different phases of training and they loved it!

*~*dobie*~*

what do FRP and MRS stand for??

hey slu, when do you leave for boot?

Registered User Free Member iowasurfer2's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    You may want to talk to your recruiter about going back in. I put a few people back in after leaving boot medically, and it was a 2 year wait for anyone who was an MCRD discharge. And those people had the same story, that the people they dealt with at MCRD told them they could come back as soon as they get it taken care of. They tell people that to keep their spirits up, because they know most don't have the balls to make it back. You sound motivated and will probably do whatever it takes to get back in. So I'm giving you this info to help you out. It would really suck to bust your ass and get rehabbed in 6 or 8 weeks and then go to see your recruiter, only to be told you have 18 more months to wait. Better to find out now and make your plans from there. Best bet is to ask your recruiter to show you the order in the MPPM on prior MCRD discharges. He will know what you are talking about. Keep up the hard work, stay motivated, and you will make it back. Good Luck.

Originally posted by SLU_fly_girl
    what do FRP and MRS stand for??
    STC->Special Training Company
    FRP->Female Readiness Platoon
    MRS->Medical Rehabilitation Section
    PCS->Physical Condition Section

*~*dobie*~*

Originally posted by iowasurfer2
    You may want to talk to your recruiter about going back in. I put a few people back in after leaving boot medically, and it was a 2 year wait for anyone who was an MCRD discharge. And those people had the same story, that the people they dealt with at MCRD told them they could come back as soon as they get it taken care of. They tell people that to keep their spirits up, because they know most don't have the balls to make it back. You sound motivated and will probably do whatever it takes to get back in. So I'm giving you this info to help you out. It would really suck to bust your ass and get rehabbed in 6 or 8 weeks and then go to see your recruiter, only to be told you have 18 more months to wait. Better to find out now and make your plans from there. Best bet is to ask your recruiter to show you the order in the MPPM on prior MCRD discharges. He will know what you are talking about. Keep up the hard work, stay motivated, and you will make it back. Good Luck.
    Thank you a ton for the info...I actually have been talking to my recruiter since before my discharge was finalized and he went down to the MEPS station and asekd abuot when I could re-enlist. Thankfully, because of the discharge I had I can even get a wavier to not have to wait the full 6 months after being discharged. I most likely will so I can fully heal and be good to go!

*~*dobie*~*

Originally posted by SlaveToTheCorps

*~*dobie*~*
    Are those terms that only Parris Island uses? Because I remember there being MRP(Medical Rehabilitation Platoon) and PCP(Physical Conditioning Platoon) or Pork Chop Platoon.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member

Are those terms that only Parris Island uses? Because I remember there being MRP(Medical Rehabilitation Platoon) and PCP(Physical Conditioning Platoon) or Pork Chop Platoon.
    Woman Marines at Parris Island re-wrote the dictionary of Marine Corps acronyms for the WTR.

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

I'm in the same boat, SlavetotheCorps.

Arrived at Parris Island Dec. 2003...Former Knee Injury got all jacked up, sent to EHP/MRP, and am waiting for a second round.

It's gonna be a long uphill battle but it's one I'm willing to fight.

Good luck to you.

Originally posted by Phantom Blooper

Woman Marines at Parris Island re-wrote the dictionary of Marine Corps acronyms for the WTR.

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall
    Because there isn't enough females in STC to make 3 seperate barracks like for the males; there are sections. So we are all together in FRP

*~*dobie*~*

Originally posted by CrazyBrave83
    I'm in the same boat, SlavetotheCorps.

Arrived at Parris Island Dec. 2003...Former Knee Injury got all jacked up, sent to EHP/MRP, and am waiting for a second round.

It's gonna be a long uphill battle but it's one I'm willing to fight.

Good luck to you.
    When did you get off the island I had a few friends in EHP back in december...

*~*dobie*~*

Thread Information