Matthew Windham Poolee USMC - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Mrs. Windham,

Be assured that Matt is and was a Proud U.S. Marine. After reading the posts about him being such a positive influence to recruits and present Marines, he will always be one of us.

Semper Fi, and God Bless.

I did not get a chance to know Matt unfortunately and I have been away for a while. From what I have read about this outstanding young man though it seems to me we have lost a fine addition to our family. Two thoughts run through my mind. Let me know if anyone else feels the same as I do:

"When I get to Heaven, St. Peter I will tell:
    'One more Marine reporting, Sir.
    I've done my time in Hell.'"

"Here's health to you and to our Corps
    Which we are proud to serve.
    In many a strife we have fought for life
    And never lost our nerve.
    If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heave's scene
    They will find the streets are guarded by
    UNITED STATES MARINES."

Semper Fi

My Matthew

Matt,

It has been 6 months already and it is horrible down here. Not a minute goes by that I don't want to talk to you and hold you again. How I pray that you knew how much I love you. I hope that the Marines up there is all that you wanted them to be down here. I know by now you would have been the head of the Marines if not that of all the military. I am sure Bush would be calling for advice daily. I miss you bud. Keep watch over us and we will keep looking up to you. I love you.

Mom.

Matt

Mrs. Windham,

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate you raising such a wonderful young man. There were so many times at boot camp where I thought of Matt and somehow someway I'd get through the bad situations. ( I was supposed to leave the same time as him, and go to MCT together). I miss him alot too, I talked to him everyday here and Ive realized just how much he touched my soul. I thank God for allowing me to cross paths with him because I believe that nothing is coincidence and that meeting him was for a reason. I owe all my success to making it as a Marine to him, along with everything I love about the Corps. Ill never forget just how much he motivated me, and he will always CONTINUE to motivate me throughout my endeavors in or out of the Corps....

I'll never forget such a great person....Thank you for raising him right, and for allowing him to touch me in a way no one could ever understand.

-Julia Venegas (PFC, USMC)

A Brother To Me

I know that Matt used to be on this a lot of his time. I read what everybody has said and like everybody else, I can not agrue more. Matt was those things. A great friend. A great bestfriend. And to me a big brother. I looked up to him so much. It fills my heart with warmth to see the things on here. I knew him for 2 years. His first friend when he moved up to GA. I will always remember the times I had with him. Everything bout him and his family will always be close in my heart.

Love Always,

Sara

Matthew Remembered

I wanted to take the time to say thank you to all those who have cared about Matthew and who have honored him through this forum. We will be gathering at Matt's grave on the 19th. If anybody would like more info they can call me at 407-492-4049.

Susan Windham - Matt's Mom.

ellis

may matt rest in peice, semper fi

Stanley Hroszow
    Guest Free Member
    I did not ever meet Matt. I got here too late wish came sooner, I know I would have liked him, I know from what I red in the post that he and God plotted to get me to visit and join this site. If you want to see him again you have to do what he did, and get a free pass or ticket. do not understand talk to his family about this. do not lose out on seeing him in heaven please. also he did say good by before he left for heaven. he whispered in your ear.

Rest in peace and Semper Fi.

Hey Matt,

Haven't wrote in a while but you know I talk to you everyday. It has not gotten any easier for me and sometimes that worries me. God I miss you so much. I know you hate me being fat but I have been relying heavily on comfort food the last 16 months so I am not getting any smaller. I promise when I can I will work on it. I still hear you saying horse**** but you'll see. Watch out for me Matt. I need you more now than I ever have. I hope heaven is everything I imagined and that you are in a better place because lord knows I am not. I love you Matt. Always have, always will.

Mom

Marine Platinum Member jinelson's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sue I know what you mean about missing Matt but he is always with me as he is you. During the election and aftermath I was so aware of his presence and he wasent happy lol. Matt told me that if anything ever happened to him to not mourn him but to honor him, its hard but thats what I do. Matt is alive in our Corps and he always will be, thats how it is for Marines when their mission is completed. I have no fear that Matt is surrounded by brothers and is under the loving supervision of Chesty Puller and the Lord waiting to process those he loves aboard. God bless you Ma'am, know that there is a good reason that things are as they are. Your son continues to motivate all of us, especially those who have stepped forward to take his place on the line of freedom.

Semper Fidelis

JIm

No better friend/No worse enemy

Jim,

Thanks for reminding me I am not alone in my sorrow. I too thought about Matt a lot during the election. I found some issues that were important to me and got educated on the candidates and made what I thought were the right choices. However, those that I was not familiar with I went with some odd ways of picking. I picked one guy because his name was Jason, like Matt's brother and I could almost feel Matt shaking his head. Luckily I think the guy was a republican so hopefully Matt accepted it. I hope and pray that I make Matt proud everyday and that he knows now as much as when he was alive that I love him.

Susan

Hey Matt,

Happy birthday buddy. I miss not spending your birthday with you. We went to your grave and then to Tijuana Flats. It was a sad day except for the memories we all shared of you. I ate my way through the day so as not to cry. But the eating is over now and the tears are flowing. I love you so much and I hate having to go to a gravesite to say happy birthday. I hope you are in a better place and at peace. Keep watching over us.

Mom

I love you, Always have always will.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Rest In Peace Matt. I wanted to Bump this for poolees to read!

Hi all. While doing a google search of my aunts phone number (long story) it took me to this thread on this site that I have never heard of. Needless to say I've been crying for the past hour or so reading all the great things you had to say about my cousin Matt over the past couple years. He would have made a damn good Marine! I must say it does make me giggle a little- though he was a die hard marine at heart and motivation to many of you and Bush's biggest supporter.. he'll always be my little goofy cousin that had his socks hanging half way off his feet always eating cereal =o) Not a day goes by that I don't think about him and reading this makes me miss him even more. It's amazing how many peoples lives he touched and changed and some of you never even met him. I know he helps my little brother (who is also a Marine in Bahrain right now) get by every day. Always keep him in your thoughts to get you through your day. He gets me through mine. Thank you all for your great comments.

Jenny
    Matt's Cousin- Orlando, FL

Thread Information