Matthew Windham Poolee USMC - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Rest in Peace Matt...prayers are out for the family and friends of this young man! Semper Fi

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I know this doesn't make any sense but I bet that this happens, pretty much, to everyone. Whenever someone passes on, who just happens to have the same name as a loved one that you know, it hits home in more ways than one. Bless you Matt for all the goals that you worked towards. Your efforts were noted and duly acknowledged even though we have never met. Rest in peace. You are in good company.

To all who have posted their thoughts and prayers, Thank You. Knowing that Matt was as special to others as he was to me is comforting in this time of grief. Matthew was my world and I will try hard to carry on because I know that is what he would want. Having the memories of him shared by others helps my heart from hurting so much.

Susan Windham - Matthew's Mother.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    May the Good Lord Bless you and keep you, Susan. Semper Fidelis

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you for logging on and for your words. Although your son Matthew is physically no longer here, his spirit will live forever. As long as you breathe, your son will be with you...until that time when you, once again, will be together. Take care now and as our friend from the north said,"May the Good Lord bless and keep you.

Registered User Free Member THATFEMALE's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    RIP my little brother. Matt was a very fine young man and would have made a very fine Marine. This really breaks my heart because he was so close. Thank you SSGT for opening my heart so that I was able to step into a mentor position. If it weren't for you I would have never mean't Matt. Semper FI little brother and I'll see you soon. You stand guard up there and I'll do what I can from here.

God Bless you and your Family Susan during your time of grief. Your son will be missed and I'm sure he would have been a fine asset to the Corps.

GunnyL

Rest in Peace Matt

Credits
    Savings

Susan Windham - Matthew's Mother

Semper Fi, Ms Windham, Semper Fi.

get some little bro

we love ya

May the Good Lord give you peace and understanding in your time of loss. Just remember he is in a better place gaurding the gates of heaven. SEMPER FI Susan keep your chin up and remember you are among one of the best families on earth other than your own. SEMPER FI SGT.Matt 69-75

Credits
    Savings
    Like some others here, I had the privilege of chatting with Matt on a pretty regular basis. What an outstanding young man he was.

Matt's love for the Corps and his determination to make honor graduate ( "Not a problem, Mom - they haven't had me on the Island yet. I'll be honor grad - trust me"), made us all proud. His untimely death is a loss to the Corps that is immeasurable.

As Matt reports for guard duty at that last posting, he will uphold the Corps values and be waiting to greet his fellow Marines with a smile, a kind word and his own definite sense of style.

Semper Fidelis, Matt - you were always faithful.

damn I have a story about Windham....Picked up over 600 recruits this cycle. After the first week over 20 wanted out, they wanted to quit and hated being in MCRDSD. I printed some post of Windham and read them aloud to all. After discussing this issue with these quitters in detail of the motivation and determination of this poolee, all the recruits left my office ready to train and become Marines. Thanks Matt.

DI

Thank you all so very much for all the kind and wonderful words about Matt Windham. Matt left 3 brothers who will miss him so much, but they have all lot of good memories. His granddad and I also have a lot of memories and will always have a lot of love for him. Matt accepted Christ as his Savior on March 27, 2005.
    So, Yes he is on guard, and waiting for all of us to join him. May God bless each and everyone of you.

Ann Windham, Matt's Grandmother ( Granny)

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Bless you Miss Ann

Thread Information