Matthew Windham Poolee USMC
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Marine Platinum Member jinelson's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Matthew Windham Poolee USMC

It is my sad duty to inform any Marines and fellow Poolees of Matt Windhams (Semperfidelis20) that he will not make his ship date at MCRD Parris Island Monday July 25th. I have just learned that he was involved in an auto accident a week ago yesterday and passed away from his beloved Corps on Tuesday July 19th of this week. For those Marines that didnt have the privelege of knowing Matt he was a hard charging Poolee whos only desire was to become a Marine and if you only knew the hardship that he undertook to make that reality you would understand. He was the best Poolee that I have had the privelege of mentoring and would have made a fine Marine 0311. I have only just learned of this tragic turn of events and my heart is heavy and ask only that yall pray for my young pups family in their time of need. Rest in peace Matt you will be missed bro.

Semper Fi Matt ya rate it!

Jimmy

No better friend/No worse enemy

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Matt was a great kid. I got to know him here and spoke to him on several occasions. I know he would have made one damn fine Marine and I will miss him.
    Semper Fi Matt, Rest in peace

Semper Fi Matt, Rest in Peace

WELL SAID JIM, AS YOU KNOW, WE HAD A GREAT TIME WITH MATT AND HE WOULD HAVE MADE US PROUD NO DOUBT IN MY MIND ABOUT IT.WHEN I TALKED TO HIM ABOUT THE OLD DAYS AND THE B.A.R. HE WISHED HE COULD GET THE CHANCE TO FIRE ONE. HE DID CHECK OUT WHAT EVER HE NEEDED TO DO TO BETTER PREPAIR HIMSELF FOR THE CORP. WE WILL SURE MISS HIM IN THIS SITE, BUT HE WILL BE REMEMBERED IN OUR HEARTS. GOD BLESS THE FAMILY AND ALL WHO WAS DEAR TO HIM. SEMPER FI MATT AKA SEMPERIDELIS20

Marine Family Free Member 003XXMarineDAD's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Semper Fi Matt you would have made it and been one of the best. You will be missed and we pray that you may rest in peace.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    A hard charging fine young man. I got to know him a bit recently and was thoroughly impressed at his attitude and demeanor. He is still an outstanding example for every poolee on how to prepare for training. Matt had the right stuff to earn the Title.

Semper Fi, Matt.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Godspeed,fairwinds and following seas! RIP Matt! You would have made a fine Marine! I would have been happy to serve with you anytime! Prayers for the family! Semper-Fidelis "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

Marine Platinum Member jinelson's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Arrangements

Matthew Windham was in a car accident on Thursday, July 14, 2005 in the Atlanta area. He passed away on Tuesday, July 19, 2005 from injuries sustained in that accident. Matt was 18 years old and scheduled to enter the Marine Corp on Monday, 7/18.
    The family will hold two services: one in Atlanta and one in Orlando.

Atlanta
    Friday, July 22
    Viewing: 2PM
    Service: 3PM
    Baptist Church of Woodstock
    11905 Hwy 92, Woodstock, GA 31088 (click link for a map)

Orlando
    Monday, July 25
    Viewing: 4PM - 6PM
    5000 County Road 46a, Sanford, FL 32771 (click link for a map)
    Tuesday, July 26
    Service: 1PM
    351 E Lake Brantley DR, Longwood, FL 32779 (click link for a map)
    Interment will follow service.
    5000 County Road 46a, Sanford, FL 32771 (click link for a map)
    Reception will be held following the burial at the Episcopal Church of the Resurrection

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In lieu of flowers or other gifts, the family believes Matthew would have appreciated donations being made toward his younger brother's recovery from Fanconi's Anemia and his bone marrow transplant. More information on this may be found on young Devin's website.

Scott and Karen Windham's home address is:
    614 Whittingham Place, Lake Mary, FL 32746
    Susan Windham's home address is:
    6301 Northwest Hogan DR, Parkville, MO 64152

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    May his soul rest in immortal peace. Sure seems like the good do die young. Thanks for the info. Jim.

Registered User Free Member KingDonkeyPunch's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Such a awful event. This, a fine example of what young men should strive to be, taken away from us so soon before his time. You're right Gary, the good always do die young.

My sincere condolences to his Family and Friends

God Bless,

Ellie

Too the Poolee's YOU have Your Own Forum to write Your Condolences..

Registered User Free Member Sgt Ski 2/7's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Semper Fi Matt .......see you at the pearly gates on guard duty......

Unhappy

Rest in Peace Matt. May God Bless your family and help them to deal with their great loss. Semper Fi

semper fi matt you would have been a good marine i know you would have made us proud to to call you MARINE rip bro

Talked to matt some in chat, he would have been an awesome marine, I was looking forward to seeing him in the Corps. Semper Fi my brother, and Gods peace to your family and friends.

Thread Information