what is infantry training like?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

what is infantry training like?

i would like to know about infantry training because i know all about basic training.

LMAOROTF

If you ain't a Marine yet, you don't know squat! LMAO. I hear infantry training is easy! Ya get paid to go campin' and hikin' and shootin' things to pieces. Thenb ya get liberty every time ya turn around!Doesn't get any better than that!

LMAOROTF. < I'm sorry.... my ribs hurt....Stop me before I post again! >

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	smoke.jpg‎
Views:	426
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	1513  

Infantry training?

You're going to have to wait in line, I think there's two other infantry man ahead of you. They are waiting for that ARMY of ONE, to finish his tour.

LMAO

For only $19.95 you can get the Army's COMPLETE TRAINING CIRCULAR COLLECTION on CD

LMAOROTF

Sparrowhawk, that's too funny! LOL.

Seriously, JD, don't start off by assuming you know anything, makes ya sound arrogant. Think over yer words before ya go spoutin them. Seems to help when ya want to know somethin'.

We'll be more than willin to help ya, but ya gotta act like ya got a little bit of sense in yer BHG, don't ya know. Read all the posts on this site about anything we've talked about. You'll learn a lot. Most of the smart Poolees and DEPers have done this or are doin this. When these individuals ask questions, we can tell that they've though things through, and done some research on their own. They get their answers. They've displayed some sort of maturity and some initiative. We admire intiative. We respond to well thought questions. Rethink your strategy and try again! LOL.

Anything we do as Marines involves challenges. You will be challenged like you've never been challenged before. Then just when ya thingk ya got it all sorted out, you're once again challenged, you think, beyond your abilities. Then you do it anyway. That's part of bein' a Marine.

We got plenty of Grunts, ie: 0311's, ie: infantry types around the site who know more about that than I do. I will tell you, that any MOS is tough to learn and some take years to learn properly.

Then, once you think you've learned it all, there's more to learn. Once you seen it all and done it all, something different pops up. You adjust and overcome, whatever it takes to get the mission accomplished. That's only a part of becoming a Marine.

That's enough for this lesson grasshopper!

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    i wasn't tryin to say that i am goin to get though basic training easy or at all i am signin up for the marines here in a couple days and i would like to know about the infantry so that i know if i want to do that

OK jd, we've been teasin ya a bit.

Learn how to take a joke kiddo. DO yer research. We've got info on this site in other threads that will help you out. Take some time and look them up and see if any of yer questions get answered. Start with the Poolee and Mentor forums. Then do a search on this site for grunts, 0311's and such. Then you can do a search on the web concerning some of your other questions.

THEN GO SEE A RECRUITER! HE/SHE WILL HAVE SOME AMSWERS!

( This is just in case you missed my earlier post where some of these things were mentioned. Good luck. THEN come on back and ask some questions.)

The answer to yer question was, it's like boot camp, but tougher in some ways, plus ya get liberty sometimes! LOL

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    4th phase bootcamp lol

OK. Seriously? Try this link!

here's another one!

http://www.lejeune.usmc.mil/soi/itb.htm

OK, kids! See how easy this is when ya put yer google to work for ya! LOL. Google search, USMC infantry training.

wanta find out how much ya don't know?

Jay_Dee

I leave for boot on 11/11/02 and i will be going to SOI after that I will put some info in hear for you when i get back around 02/10/03 thank WRbones for the info he left you it is good advice if you are not in DEP or a Poolee yet get used to the harrasment you want something they all have ( the title MARINE ) and you have to earn it, as i will. Marines aren't punks we didn't join the other services. It's like a football team they give the rookie all sorts of **** but put up with it earn the title and those same people will walk with you into hell. With a smile...

Akuleon.Damn kid!

you pretty much said it all there! There's a few of these folks I'd follow to hell just to see what they had in mind when they got there!

There are a lot of enthusiasts who drop by here and try to tell us what it's all about without themselves ever having been near boot camp. They catch a little more TLC than most do.

Some, we haze just to see if they can take a little ribbin, others we just havin fun jokin with each other before we answer the question. Some can't take it. Some don't want to seee us havin a bit of fun. Some don't like any of the answers they get. Especially when we tell them the truth about what to expect.

Like you've said. We're not punks. Period.

We'll do our best to answer your questions, but try to think it through first. A well phrased question, posed with respect will get ya what ya need to know every time!

After ya get outta boot and into the fleet, you'll begin to learn what Brotherhood is all about.

That's when we'll say Welcome Home Marine! Tell us some sea stories!

Thanks wrbones i look forward to coming back home with alot more respect for my self. It is getting close i begin my new life on tuesday.

Wink

What's Infantry Training like?
    Interesting question!
    If every Marine is a rifleman.
    Regardless of MOS, he or she must be trained as an infantry man.
    The year was 1959, I had just returned from Okinawa, where I was stationed with the 9th Marines.
    I was now assigned to Charlie Company 1st Bn 5th Marines.
    On reporting, I saw over all the "Entry Ways" aka doors.
    A sign stating "All The Way" which was the motto of the 1st Bn.
    It meaning was reveal to me real fast.
    It meant All The Way on your two feet!
    Most of the Officers and NCO's were veterans of Korea.
    We did 20 miles force marches every Friday.
    Once a year in the summer, we would take a stroll in the sun.
    For 150 miles in 5 days.
    With a combat pack and our weapons.
    The CO wanted us in shape so we could do that if we had to in combat.
    We had done a great deal of firing and training on whatever was our job in that infantry company.
    All this training was to help you survive the worst elements known to mankind...WAR!
    From every unit that I was assigned, I took a little.
    That what might help me to survive Vietnam.
    Conditioning and knowing as much as possible about the enemy you will be facing.
    I hope that this will give you an idea of what infantry training is like.

Semper Fidelis
    Ricardo

Thread Information