Hello, Any July 18 shippers?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello, Any July 18 shippers?

First of all, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I joined the DEP in March, over my spring break, and was originally set to go to MCRD San Diego in Sept. but requested to go earlier, and July 18th is what my recruiter came up with. Is anyone else here shipping out that day? Secondly, I wanted to say thanks to the more experienced marines who post here. I've been reading these boards for quite awhile and it has really provided me with good info and even some motivation, so thank you.

Semper Fi

Marine Free Member jellyfish2183's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Unfortunately for me, I may be set to ship out on the 18th of July. I say unfortunately because officially, my Open Contract is going to have me shipped out sometime in October. But my recruiter said that he's going to try to get me sent to "Pleasure Island" before that. I told me the 11th. But I haven't heard anything from him yet (gotta call him tomorrow to find out). If not the 11th, it's going to be the 18th

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Hey. I am shipping July 18th. Will see yall there....youll know me by the the one that graduates Guidon...ha ha. Im going to Parris Island. Will see yall there. Look for Recruit Windham....ill be the one leading everyone....ha ha. Later

Credits
    Savings
    im leaving July 18 th i was supposed to go the 13th but they moved it if your going to pi then we will be in 2nd battalion echo company

Recruit Brown

Credits
    Savings
    All of you all seem pretty enthusiastic. I, for one, am VERY excited (as I have been in Richmond, VA all my life and never been to anywhere else), but a little bit nervous at the same time. But I know this is something I'm not going to regret doing... even considering I didn't get my desired MOS Occupational Field (I didn't score high enough on the Mechanical Knowledge part of the ASVAB, and also the slot wasn't open).

I admit that I don't know everything, but I would suggest that enthusiasm leads to confidence. Confidence combined with enthusiasm yields pride. But too much pride can lead to arrogance. And arrogance will ultimately lead to one's downfall. Be weary of that. Sometimes it's wise to lean towards being humble and modest. That's just my opinion... But I plan to blend into the background and become invisible while at boot camp, I'll tell you that!

It looks like I'll be shipping off to Parris Island on the 18th as well. And my MOS is going to be 5942 (Aviation Radar Repair) within the Electronics Maintenance. So I guess I'll be training in 29 Palms in California after SoI... What are your MOS?

Also, devildog4ever, how did you determine the battalion and company we'd be in?

Credits
    Savings
    well my recruiter told me
    i also know we will graduate october 14 and family day is thursday the 13

Credits
    Savings
    How informative. I would've thought that we'd graduate sometime towards the END of October. I'm glad that's not the case! I'm just hoping that I don't get recycled (hey stupid things happen sometime: head hitting something, trip on the ladder, etc. and a trip to the medical platoon will cost u at least two weeks), and that I'll graduate on time.

As for family day, it means not a thing to me. I don't have anybody coming to visit me anyway.

Can't wait to be shipped out!

Credits
    Savings
    well my friend said that family day was better because it was the first day you DI called you a Marine

Im now shipping the 18th aswell. Got the call from my gunny wed. that I will be down there the following monday. A lot of my friends are very mad because I was shipping down with them on the 1st. Not going to happen anymore. So Windham, whats ur PFT looking at right now.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    To determine your BN/Company:

Take your ship date.

Add 13 weeks.

Consult the graduation schedule for your Depot. The company graduating on the friday that is within that week range 13 weeks from ship day is your company, barring anything out of the ordinary happening, of course.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    But I plan to blend into the background and become invisible while at boot camp, I'll tell you that!

Drill Instructors,Series Gunnery Sergeants,Series Commanders,PMI's,Mess Hall Chief Cooks and working parties have a magical way about them in MCRD's. They wave the little magic wand and they will find you when you least expect it. No recruit is in the background for long!

Good luck to you jellyfish2183!

By the way is the recruiter giving you a ticket so you can take your dog......?

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

Credits
    Savings
    Images

So Long Ya'll

BY semperfidelis20
    Hey. I am shipping July 18th. Will see yall there....youll know me by the the one that graduates Guidon...ha ha. Im going to Parris Island. Will see yall there. Look for Recruit Windham....ill be the one leading everyone....ha ha. Later
    Matt that wouldnt surprise me a bit you are one of the most motivated Poolee's I have had the pleasure to work with but remember the competition is keen and tough. Good luck and Godspeed to all of you. Report back to us when you have earned the title.

Originally posted by semperfidelis20

Recruit Windham hih? OK I will be looking for you

I have never seen anyone graduate as Guidon. The Guides always give them back to the J in the ceremony......

will see you next week

DI

oh you are a PI Recruit I guess I will not have the pleasure to meet you personally

Originally posted by drillinstructor

Recruit Windham hih? OK I will be looking for you

I have never seen anyone graduate as Guidon. The Guides always give them back to the J in the ceremony......

will see you next week

DI
    Still bobbing for recruit violations, DI? Either these kids can't read, or they have no idea of what they are doing! I am sure you will teach them the true pathway to a better disciplined recruit.

Thread Information