new boot camp format?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    intelpoolee
    Guest Free Member

new boot camp format?

i heard that they are getting rid of the crucible and team week..... has anyone else heard about that?? i was kind of looking foward to those aspects of boot.

sempers,
    intelpoolee

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I seriously doubt that they are going to get rid of the best parts of boot that make Marine Corps boot what it is...or at lest I hope that they don't because I too am looking forward to that .

They best not get rid of that! That is what is going to motivate me through...my chance to prove to myself I deserve the title of Marine...

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Exclamation Be assured that training is not dropping The Crucible

or any thing else for that matter. There would be far more damage done to the Marines who never complete the training and the overall image of the Marine Corps if that were to happen. I'd say the chance of that changing is = 0%!! Our image is smart, tough, elite, warriors. What benefit could the Corps possible gain by reducing the requirements to be a Marine?? It would make us look easier to join and promote the idea of lesser is better. We have a significant advantage over the other services and one of them is our training process.

I KNOW! Lets change it to a 6 week format...be just like the Air Force! Learn to wear the uniform, march, fire a gun once or twice, AND WERE DONE! Maybe we could even get one of them neato neon pencils.......

We heard that a million times. . .

. . . from the companies ahead of us in training. Recruits that are farther along in training like to tease recruits that are further back by telling them that the Crucible/BWT/A-Line are all being dropped from training. Just scuttlebutt stirred up by recruits getting ready to graduate.

Believe me, the Crucible isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Semper Fi,
    Davelli

intelpoolee
    Guest Free Member

crucible added to mct

i just got done talking to my recruiter about this matter, and what he told me was that they are removing the crucible and team week from basic training. basic will then only be 9 weeks long. however, the crucible and team week will be added onto MCT and MCT will be a little longer as a result of this. i am not sure whom he got this information from, but it was also confirmed by the NCOIC out here, so, i can almost guarantee it is fact. over and out.

sempers,
    intelpoolee

Intel

What is your recruiters name and what city and state is he located in? I would like to give him a call.

Thanks,
    Jerry

I just talked to one of the Company Commanders of a Recruit Training Company (staying in my barracks out here at Edson Range), he says that he hasn't heard anything about moving the crucible.

I see the crucible every day as I come and go from Edson Range and it is live and well, also Marines from my battalion have the task of performing maintenance on the crucible at least twice a year.

I think that moving the crucible to MCT would defeat the purpose of having it.

Semper Fi,

intelpoolee
    Guest Free Member

boot

well, idk, i guess u guys are right cus u have first hand experience with the crucible everyday, or at least one of top said he did. i dont know what the story is, but i guess it was just a rumor. well, i am happy now cus the crucible was somthing i was looking foward to. over and out.

sempers,
    intelpoolee

Registered User Free Member pfcfulton's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

team week

I just graduated on the 18th of this month and we were told that
    Team week is in the process of being removed from boot camp.
    My company was one of the last companies to do team week
    with the civilians taking over the chow hall there is no need for recruits to work in the chow hall.

Semper Fi
    PFC Fulton

My take on this, for what it's worth:
    I'm not sure what's what, but I honestly doubt that the Crucible or Team Week will be removed from boot camp, at least not in the near future. I’m only a civilian, so of course the words of poolees and Marines take place over mine, but I can’t see the Crucible being moved to MCT and haven’t heard of this anywhere else. I thought the Crucible was the ultimate turning point from recruit to Marine.

I’ve heard rumors of Team Week being removed from boot camp since I first starting researching the USMC years ago. From what I’ve been told there’s enough work to be done that even if/when civilians take over the chow hall there will be plenty left for the recruits.

I wouldn’t take a single person’s word on this, but several, preferably from both sides of the country.

Keep us posted.

Jess

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Not to further spread rumors or anything. But this is what I know. Team Week can be removed if a person is going through boot camp during the summer to get back in time for school to start they will take it out. But I believe this option is for Marine Reservists.

I hope they don't take any part of boot camp out... I'm looking forward to every day there to have a chance to be called Marine and prove it to myself that I can hack it! Of course when I get there I'll be saying, "WHAT THE HECK WAS I THINKING ABOUT?!?!" hehehe

Cyn

PS For those who are interested I recently took a body fat test and I'm getting closer to my goal. I lost 1.5% in Oct. So if I keep that up fo the next 11 months I'll be safely under the 26% limited for my gender. (I'm not stopping at 26% 20-22% is my goal but 24% to enlist I'm hoping.)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    They removed the chow hall portion of team week but their still out their and doing their thing, I just graduated on 021101, with Fox company. And their is no chance in hell of them removing team week, field week or the crucible....

Thanks tferg!

It's good to see you new guys around the site!

Congratulations!

Welcome Home Marine!

Thread Information