US servicewomen fear Iraq role under threat - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    HR Like Cpl Carey pointed out,this is 2005.You say you don't want tobe responsible for watching out for some Female?Well think about it.You might be under a Female Sgt and she feel the same way about your boot ass.Next time a Female police officer pull you over,tell her to go home and wash dishes,or do you respect what they do and believe they do their job better than our Marine sisters do theirs?Marines are Marines regardless of what you or anyone else might think.They know their jobs and perform them just as well and better than some of the "**** birds" I knew when I was in.They didn't volunteer and sign that contract to be pampered but to be respected and serve this Great Country,just as you and I and every other Marine past,present and future.

Registered User Free Member THATFEMALE's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Hrscowboy, I'm up for the challenge any time you're ready! Air conditioning is for babies I prefer to go natural! Semper FI.

As i said before Sgt i have no problem with women being in the Marine Corps and doing the job, as far as Law enforcement i trained women for law enforcement beings that i am a retired chief of police but the women where used as detectives not road officers, so i had no problem with that either. My problem is that we have women in this world that think or dream they can do everything a man can do and find out when its too late to back out or back off that they cant do it and get someone killed or hurt and believe me i have seen this happen first hand. I have to be the bearer of bad news when one of my women tryed to serve a warrant on a guy with no back up and he shot and killed her, try telling her husband what happened and look at her kids knowing that she is not coming home but a grave. Yes it could have very well happened to a man also but the fact is society accepts a man being killed inforcing the laws or in war and society cringes when a woman is killed in law enforcement or war and until society is ready for women to be killed thats when all this Male chauvenism will cease.

Originally posted by hrscowboy
    As i said before Sgt i have no problem with women being in the Marine Corps and doing the job, as far as Law enforcement i trained women for law enforcement beings that i am a retired chief of police but the women where used as detectives not road officers, so i had no problem with that either. My problem is that we have women in this world that think or dream they can do everything a man can do and find out when its too late to back out or back off that they cant do it and get someone killed or hurt and believe me i have seen this happen first hand. I have to be the bearer of bad news when one of my women tryed to serve a warrant on a guy with no back up and he shot and killed her, try telling her husband what happened and look at her kids knowing that she is not coming home but a grave. Yes it could have very well happened to a man also but the fact is society accepts a man being killed inforcing the laws or in war and society cringes when a woman is killed in law enforcement or war and until society is ready for women to be killed thats when all this Male chauvenism will cease.
    HRS, am I to understand that no woman patrols the area of your city in patrol cars? That no man going 'Single O' has been shot servicing a warrant? That all the women in your department are in the DB?

In truth HRS, I have seen very large departments and some very small departments in my time, and I do not know of one that will not allow women into the patrol division. As far as them being in the DB, if I am correct, there are prerequisites to be in a DB, one of them is standard police work for an amount of time, unless the requirement is waved due to the need of a job, and a specific type of person is needed, or a person with special skills.

I started off my career in a small police department 36 years ago. I worked in a small department in the State of NJ when I was going to college, and I worked in a larger department when I went home to Florida, until I went into business for myself. I never saw where women were not allowed to be in a patrol division, one man patrols or not, country side rural patrols or urban patrols alike! I have never seen where patrols did not back up another patrol when the units were available, or whether it be a woman or a man in the car alone. The same rules applied for all.

With the exception of the year 2001, I have never seen police deaths rise above one hundred for the year for the entire country, and most of the deaths were the results of traffic accidents, and not confrontations with the law breakers. It is not like we send a woman on patrol with a gun, a hat, a badge, and a gravestone in her car. They have seemed to have handled themselves quite well in all situations the same as the men!

Thread Information