Spare time in the FMF
Create Post

Spare time in the FMF

Once you get to the fleet, realistically how much spare time would a Marine have each day/night to be able to take online college classes on a computer?

I assume some Marines would have more free time than others depending on their MOS, so i'm curious about those in combat arms MOS's.

Thanks

If you aren't deployed to a combat zone, like Iraq, it can be done, but it's very difficult. Your not going to have much free time on week nights, and with most online degrees you have deadlines for assignments to turn in. A couple guys in my platoon are doing it now, and I plan on starting when the next semester starts in sept. Books are expensive though and not covered by the Tuition Assistance Program. Look at Columbia College, they are a great place for military online degrees, most students are in the military and they handle all the stuff for you of getting your stuff set up and getting you on with the tuition assistance program. I think Columbia College is the best way to go. Just google it and go to there website. They have campuses all over the world, they even just opened up a tiny campus here in Cuba. Your gonna have to be 100% committed to it though, and it's gonna take a lot of hard work, and remember THE MISSION COMES FIRST.

Thread Information