Question for Infantry
Create Post

Question for Infantry

On My Signed papers, im Going Infantry after boot. My Question is, how long with SOI be? I Cant find a Confirmed Answer. Thank you.

-Zach

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    http://www.lejeune.usmc.mil/soi/

USMC200518,you may have to type this link in because I can't get it to work....Never have. This is the link to SOI Camp Geiger it gives grad dates and info so you can figure out how long.

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    It also depends on which geographical location you are in to go to boot camp. Usally East of Mississippi MCRD PI ,West MCRD San Diego. S/F Chuck Hall

Ill be going to west most likely cause thats where my bootcamp is too. MCRDSD

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    http://www.pendleton.usmc.mil/schools/soi/index.htm

Same thing type this URL and do your search.

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

So far its been 2 months

In NC you'll spend on average 1 month in a forming company, then 8 weeks in itb (Infantry Training Battalion). In forming you'll just do working parties all day. But The hole soi experience goes by pretty fast.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Just don't end up like me with medical problems and spend a whole 4 1/2 months at SOI West...grrr 0331!

I don't know how Pendleton was but Gieger was like a deathcamp. I hated that place.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I don't know how Pendleton was but Gieger was like a deathcamp. I hated that place.
    Sounds like Gitmo!

S/F "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

Old SOI, I went through via Gieger Tiger. Wasn't very fun, didn't learn that much at all, I still think its a holding tank until they figure who goes where, but hell, there is no better way to waste some free time like humping around and shooting weapons. I think SOI lasted from Late September to early November, so about 7-8 weeks.

I actually liked SOI, and fortunately I didn't have to wait around to pick up in Camp Guard, which does suck. You did some kick-as$ training, got weekends off to go to all the strip clubs in J-ville, lol, and waste your money, and learned a lot. It sucks sometimes, but basically if your a grunt you should love it there. PT's a killer there though, and you get a lot less sleep than in bootcamp.

thanks everyone, what you all have said, pumps me up alot more! Cant wait.

Thread Information