Marine recruiter charged with drug violation
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Marine recruiter charged with drug violation

Marine recruiter charged with drug violation

Friday, June 10, 2005

By GLENDA ANDERSON
    THE PRESS DEMOCRAT

A third North Coast Marine is facing a court-martial following an investigation that initially focused on recruiters accused of having sex with teenagers in Ukiah and widened to include other misconduct.

Staff Sgt. Francisco Ngayan, 29, has been charged with distributing narcotics after he allegedly shared his prescription pain killers with one or more prospective recruits, said Maj. Michael Samarov, who oversees recruiting offices along the California coast between Monterey and the Oregon border.

Ngayan was based in Santa Rosa with two other recruiters caught up in the sex probe. His name emerged when military investigators delved into allegations that recruiters were engaged in sexual misconduct at the Ukiah office, Samarov said. However, Ngayan was not in Ukiah when the alleged violations occurred and is not accused of sexual misconduct, Samarov said.

"There is no evidence he was involved in the sexual misconduct," Samarov said Thursday.

Ngayan is accused of sharing prescription drugs with prospective recruits, known as poolees, while working in the Santa Rosa recruiting office, Samarov said. Further details were not available Thursday.

The investigation into misconduct by North Coast recruiters surfaced this week when a Ukiah high school student told reporters that three male recruiters had sex with young women, some of them poolees, at a Feb. 17 sleepover in the Ukiah office.

The girl, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said she had sex with one recruiter two previous times at the office after he told her it was a requirement to join the Marines.

Staff Sgt. Joseph Dunzweiler, 24, and Sgt. Brian Fukushima, 25, have each been charged with 11 counts of violating the military's code of conduct, including sexual misconduct.

An attorney for Dunzweiler has denied the allegations and said they were fabricated.

A third man was also investigated for sexual misconduct, according to Marine Corps officials at the 12th Marine Corps District in San Diego, where Dunzweiler and Fukushima are being court-martialed. Maj. Joseph Kloppel said he did not know if the man was ever charged with violating military codes.

The man was a corporal in the Marine Reserves, which is headquartered in New Orleans. Officials there could not be reached Thursday afternoon.

Fukushima, Dunzweiler and Ngayan all lived in Santa Rosa and worked at various times with potential recruits in Sonoma, Mendocino and Lake counties, Samarov said.

All three face a maximum of 12 months confinement; a two-thirds reduction in their base pay for 12 months; a reduction in rank to the lowest enlisted rank; and a bad conduct discharge.

Fukushima is scheduled to be arraigned today at the Marine Corps Recruit Depot in San Diego. Dunzweiler is scheduled for arraignment June 20.

Ngayan already has been arraigned. He's scheduled for court-martial July 28 and 29, Samarov said.

Ellie

If found guilty "hang em"!!!!!!!!!!

If there guilty drum them out of my Marine Corps...

Everyone makes mistakes, but the Marine Corps is a brotherhood and once a Marine always a Marine, why so quick to turn your back on a fellow brother who possibly made a mistake and say hang 'em sgt lane? Now someone who betrays the Marine Corps like that sgt. in the Lt. Pantanmo case is a different story. Tons of Marines make mistakes and break rules that are never caught or you never hear about, I'm sure you haven't spent your whole career while never once breaking a UCMJ article or command sop.

USMCgrunt0331 do you not know right from wrong?? buttom line if you know your doing something wrong in My Marine Corps you better be ready to pay the price! Enough said...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    USMCgrunt0331 did you not see that it was not one mistake,but atleast 11.True we are all Marines and took the same oath,but even Our Marine Corps,tho we hate to say,have a few bad apples.When found,Sgt lane and hrscowboy have the right idea,get rid of them.The Corps nor Recruiters who work hard to find a Few Good Men (and Women) need the kind of dirtbags these guys are.

here here i couldnt have said it better Sgt Jirzman...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Jirzman well said brother and Im sure that the Corps will investigate and discipline as it always has at least in my days that the UCMJ has prevailed. I have met Maj Samarov and he is a fine and honorable Marine Officer of Marines and I have all faith that the guilt or innocense will be brought forward and forthright and honestly. It just sickens me to read these stories, I remember a day when we took care of our own dirty laundry.

Semper Fi
    Jim

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm really having a hard time wrapping my head around this one. I can't beleive that Marines would do this! If guilty, they are a complete disgrace to the Corps that I and so many others have worked hard to make a place of honor. If these Marines are guilty of what they are being accused of, then they should be given dishonorable discharges (not bad conduct discharges as the article states) and then be summarily drummed out of the Corps....Only after serving a sentence of "Life" in front of a firing squad. The article states that they are being charged with "sexual misconduct".... If any of these young women were under 18, they (the Marines in question) should be charged with Statutory Rape, not sexual misconduct. If it were my daughter who had this done to her, I would not be responsible for my actions!

If these people are guilty of these charges, then they should be given Jail time and received DD's.

Back in my days in my beloved Marine Corps if the person was accused he was taken to the brig and held there until his court marshal, I guess they dont do that anymore for fear of pessing off someones momma or daddy..

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Why the heck would he give them prescription drugs that would disqualify his poolees on the unrinalysis?

Registered User Free Member Cheezballz's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    REMEMBEDR INNOCENCT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY! IF IT IS TRUE THESE FEMALES KNEW WHAT THEY WERE GETTIN INTO, KNOW THE FEMALES ARE THE VICTIMS, HELL NO!!! EVERYONE IS GUILTY IN SOME SORT, JUST BECAUSE THE RECRUITERS HAVE TO FOLLOW GUIDELINES, THAT THEY POSSIBLY BROKE. THOSE FEMALES DIDN'T GET A GUN PUT TO THEIR HEAD TO SLEEP WITH THEM. lIKE USMC 0331 SAID, WE'RE TURNIN OUR HEADS AWAY, THAT'S BS I KNOW WE ALL HAVE DRUNKEN UNDERAGE, I KNOW WE ALL HAVE DISRESPECTED AN INCOMPETENT NCO OR OFFICER, I KNOW WE TALKED SMACK BEHIND AN OFFICER'S BACK, I KNOW WE HAVE GOTTEN INTO A FIGHT (ASSUALT). C'MON THEY POSSIBLY DID BREAK THE UCMJ BUT LET'S LOOK AT OURSELVES TOO PEOPLE BEFORE WE MAKE OURSELVES LOOK LIKE THEM GIRLS, LAST TIME I REMEMBER IT WAS PFC DON'T KNOW! NOT THIS MARINE DOESN'T KNOW!

Registered User Free Member Cheezballz's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    HEY COWBOY THEY STILL DO THAT, MY FRIEND WAS IN THE BRIG FOR A MONTH UNTIL HIS COURT MARTIAL!

Thanks for the back-up cheezballz, that's exactly the point I was trying to make.

Thread Information