Didn't Get Accepted for PLC Jnrs. 2005, Enlisting
Create Post

Didn't Get Accepted for PLC Jnrs. 2005, Enlisting

Hey everybody,
    I didn't get for OCS 1st increment this summer, since I didn't have a high enough PFT (235). I also don't feel I'm fully prepared physically for OCS at this time, so I've decided to enlist under the IIADT program. I already completed most of the paperwork, the only thing left is finishing the inspect at MEPS (did a full physical for PLC back in late November) and swearing in. I'll be shipping to MCRD San Diego on May 16, with a MOS of 0341 (Infantry Mortarman), and reserve duty in Corpus Christi. Height and weight standards I had no problem with, and I'm not out of shape, I'm just not fully inshape yet.

I already talked to my OSO, and he fully supports what I'm doing, and thinks this is a very good idea.

Is anybody here going to San Diego on May 16 as well??

don't forget your sunglasses out there in hollywood......................lmao.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hollywood MARINES kick As s and take names. I take that back all MARINES kick AS s

SEMPER FI
    IYAOYAS

Well said! Jgorosco

see you there, I'll be recruit Cross with another split option guy from MI named Westveer. We'll all be on the IIADT and won't we also end up in the same platoon? Odd eh?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    92-day (IIADT) can be a very beneficial program if you do it right. Good luck to you.

Registered User Free Member SgtPezzer's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Make sure your unit sends you to MCT if you're a 92-day reservist. My old unit never sent my buddy down and when the unit was deployed to go to Kuwait he was allowed to deploy. He requested mast all over the place, wrote letters till his hands were about to fall off, and I believe talked to some congressmen, but nope. To rub a ton of salt i the wound...they finally sent him to MCT as a Sgt. He outranked almost all of the instructors. When he finished, he sat around at the reserve center for the entire deployment....they wouldn't even let him re-join the unit in the field. It was a shameful waste of time, money, and resources....in my opinion

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That's what I'm getting ready to deal with now... I put my hand up for an activation, but I've gotta get school orders cut... though they're better about MCT these days, from what I've seen.

Don't forget to ask for the blondes for each arm when they give you the sunglasses. LOL

they give you blondes also when going to hollywood bootcamp damn if i would of known that i would of went to hollywood.........LOL

You're making a smart move. When you do eventually get into OCS you will have a big step-up from the typical officer candidate with no prior enlisted experience.

Originally posted by CplCrotty
    You're making a smart move. When you do eventually get into OCS you will have a big step-up from the typical officer candidate with no prior enlisted experience.
    Roger that. Everybody from the recruiting office I've talked with, as well as the Gunny and Captain from my OSO office, have said the exact same thing.

Originally posted by DEPJon
    see you there, I'll be recruit Cross with another split option guy from MI named Westveer. We'll all be on the IIADT and won't we also end up in the same platoon? Odd eh?
    We just might end up in the same platoon. We'll be in Bravo company, graduating on August 12th. See you there.

Thread Information