Most will be deployed
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Most will be deployed

I was watching a news documentary of san diego boot camp and at the end the reporter said most of these Marines will be shipped to Iraq. I thought that was a little weird becuase last time i checked we have only 25,000 Marines in Iraq and 150,000 Army Soldiers so with the amount of Marines we have in Iraq it looks like its hard to say if most will be deployed but maybe Im wrong here.

Depends on what your doing in the Marine Corp. I am Special Security Forces of course i could be shipped because of the training I will recieve which will be advance weapons training and such so I will be fairly skilled in different tatics and handling situations and stuff like that so I could be shipped but you know if they want the Corp... what else are you gonna do... your gonna go get cha some!!

OooRah!!

LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET THE HELL OUT OF THIS POOLEE'S WAY!

Poolee Coulter

Re: Most will be deployed

Originally posted by IGOTGLOCKS
    I was watching a news documentary of san diego boot camp and at the end the reporter said most of these Marines will be shipped to Iraq. I thought that was a little weird becuase last time i checked we have only 25,000 Marines in Iraq and 150,000 Army Soldiers so with the amount of Marines we have in Iraq it looks like its hard to say if most will be deployed but maybe Im wrong here.
    When the military figures #'s they need to take into consideration the rotation factor as well. Meaning........if you have X #'s pairs of boots in Iraq right now...........you'll need XX #'s of fresh pairs of boots waiting to ship.

I can't say how many will be deployed..............But what I do know is.....We have alot of people who already are on their 2nd and a few 3rd tours.

Semper-Fi

God bless the Corps

my wife has a friend that her hubby is coming back today from iraq and this will be his 4th time over there.......but it is hard to say how many will be going, i might be wrong i'm not sure but i think 2d mar div just took over for 1st mar div.

Registered User Free Member alanUSMCDEP03's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    lmao odc, you are not "special" security forces, there is no such thing. Either your PRP, FAST or 8th & I, but there is no "special category." Your not gonna be trained any any special weapons other than the pisol and shotgun, and that's not that special. Going in security forces, there is almost 0% chance you will go to Iraq. If your 8 and I you'll go to DC, PRP, you will go to Washington, Georgia or Maryland, but you won't go overseas, if your FAST you will go to europe, japan, cuba, or bahrain. I'm in 1st FAST Co., so i know what I am talking about. There is ONE plt. out of almost 20 FAST platoons that's in Iraq right now, and their leaving soon.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I am amazed how some of these people on here actually think they can pull the wool over our eyes. That odc25 is one of those shi tbirds that I would gladly thrash if he was in my unit. Is there a way to get rid of these wannabes. They actually make me sick that get on here and lie and expect us to cal them out. odc25 get a life and get out of here. STAY MOTIVATED!! to the real MARINES.

SEMPER FI
    IYAOYAS

Well said, jgorosco. Where do some of these people get this b--s? I doubt it very much they got it from there recruiter or?

Meant to finish it. Reading to much into different things. The Corp. will train you if your trainable to the job that they think you can do, if you make it. But good luck anyways and get an attitude change, it will help.

Forgive my ignorance (I think this has been covered in previous posts), but what is the typical tour for Marines in Iraq these days? Marinefamily5 stated that a family friend is on his fourth tour. Also, are these voluntary or ordered? I try to stay up on these issues but miss out from time to time...

From what it seems with most of my friends the typical tour is 6-9 months (with the good possibility it may go longer.)

As for the four time deployment it could be many things, he could volunteer, or there's a high demand for his area of expertese...that I'm not sure of.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Sometimes being youthfully exuberant ( joyously unrestrained and enthusiastic OR extremely inflated ) can cause a problem with fact presentation.
    Odc25- "LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET THE HELL OUT OF THIS POOLEE'S WAY!"
    Lead- good
    Follow- good
    Get the hell out of this poolie's way! - ??? Don't let your enthusiasm distort your potential leadership qualities. Don't lead blindly. Get some substanciated facts before you decide to move. If you don't you won't have to worry about anybody being in your way...you will be solo. You can't BS BSers (military or civilian) LOL.
    Good luck to you.

well i will tell you this it is a friend of my wife it is her hubby now if he is a marine or not i dont' know.....he could be Army....but i know this is the end of his 4th tour over there.....

Originally posted by odc25
    I am Special Security Forces of course i could be shipped because of the training I will recieve which will be advance weapons training and such ...blah, blah, blah.

Poolee Coulter
    Poolee, you ain't **** right now, so quit saying you ARE something you're not! How about making it through bootcamp before running your suck about what you "are" and "will" be doing? Keep being disrespectful and you'll get yours in boot camp. Keep in mind that we are a small brotherhood, so all it takes is a phone call to your DI to make your 3 months a living hell for spouting off. I suggest you put that mouth in check before you post again.

This site should be an invite status- like the one I am on *********************- you must be invited to join so as other Marines know who you are and not wannabe's..

Hey all just like to say that I am going for an Infantryman job, leave for boot in July on the 11. If I get sent over to the sand then I would be more than greatfull to take on that duty. For I don't have a family and kids to wish to see like many of our men and women over there.

If this young man was to be sent for a duty I would do it. If this young man was to pay the price for such duty tell my moma that the Marine Corps moto is Semper Fi.

I want to get me some!

OOAH RAH GENTS

Semper Fi

Thread Information