Question
Create Post

Thread: Question

Question Question

I was just wondering if anyone knew a lot about being in NROTC. I am going to get into an NROTC program for my first year of college before I transfer to VMI. I wanted to attend Georgia State University and enroll in their NROTC program. I ws just wondering if you were allowed to just participate in the NROTC and then leave it to go to another school without it being difficult or "dishonorable" or unable to?

Registered User Free Member Sgt. Brown's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Question Not Sure

Your best bet would probably go and ask a recruiter in the area. They know lot about those programs and what it consist's of. They should be able to help you out.

Registered User Free Member gemntx's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

NROTC

Check with the MOI (Marine Officer Instructor) at the University. If they have one, he should be the best source of information. Unless it has changed from many years ago, it is like any other college class (with a few obvious differences). The only stumbling part would be if you were on scholarship or taking money as part of a program like the PLC (Platoon Leaders Class), if it's still in existence. Anyway, check with the MOI or one of the instructors in the NROTC unit.

Good Luck!

Glenn

I've done a little bit of research on the topic, however, I would certainly speak with your local recruiter and whomever is in charge of the NROTC programs at VMI and your other perspective school.

In the research I've done, lateral moves can be done, but if at all possible it's recommended that you complete all four years of college at the same college/university. From what I've understood, a lateral move would be switching from one school to another that has the same diploma requirements. Assuming you're making a lateral move, the only possible problem I see that would occur is if you're on a scholarship through the program or school.

I'm sketchy myself on the whole deal. They keep stresses that if at all possible they want you at the same college for all four years.

This was really just a long post to say talk to someone who knows something: your recruiter and Officers who are at the top of the chain of command at each of the schools you're looking to attend. They'll know best.

Thread Information