Perks of Being a Poolee - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thumbs up

GO GETEM TROOP.

Re: Well Pel,

Originally posted by troop901
    I am one of these so called pigs you refer too and I am also a former Marine. Go ahead and flash that card to me, wont get you crap. I will admit, in this time, a active duty military person, I will say, ok, go on yer way, depending on the violation. But yer butt, would be mine. You have disrespected me and all former Marines that are in law enforcement by your comments, I will not stand for that. I dont care if your a poolee, you have not earned that title yet. I dont write Marines, unless I have too. But thanks too you, I will write every poolee I have a chance to come in contact with, and I dont care if I just stopped them to give them a warning. A poolee card dont get you out of nothing and ifin your backwoods, I sleep with my sister card does', then the better for you. Sorry, didnt mean all poolees cause most are smart and know better, but go ahead, show me your poolee card Pel. You are a piece of crap and ifin yer wonderin, kilo 3/2, 1st plt. and was in 3093 in boot, SSgt Alexander was my senior.

whoa. Very nicely put, sir!

My Grandson is going into the Corp this August. The recuiter is telling him that the least time he can go in for is 4 years. I thought they still had a three year enlistment. I would hate to think that he isn't being told the truth. Does anybody know for sure?

Hello Guys: I enjoy reading of the comings and goings on of Marines; I was one once about 50+ years ago but it seems most of my USMC shine has rubbed off over the years, I will confess I don't even know what a Poolee is and I don't know what a DEP card is. However I am looking at going to jail to pay off a $165 fine for going 66 in a 55 zone, can get $50/day for jail time served toward the fine. Have not had any ticket in over 20 years, but I got no respect nor any slack cut, for being just a poor simple minded old oil field worker, that it seems is no longer welcome anywhere, even on the rigs. Help me get shaped up, people, so I can maybe get along better in what future there might be left. (Strap it on me guys, I can handle it) Kindest regards and by your leave, Sirs. Gary Hall,age 74, 633178 (0311) USMC 1947-1952 (W-3-1, Korea, 1950- 1951), at Tyler, TX.

they don't have a 3 yr. enlistment, minimum is 4, Security Forces are minimum 5 yrs., and so are certain other jobs that require a long MOS school.

Sorry to hear that Gary, I plan on being a state trooper when I get out, and I know I'll cut my fellow brothers some slack, there are some cops out there that are just power-hungry @ssholes, just like some Marines are sh@tbags, theres always those few. Semper Fi

P.S. A poolee is a person who has joined the Marine Delayed Entry Program, he's not a recruit yet because he isn't on the island, so they call them poolees, the guys that are in the DEP unitl they graduate school, or for whatever other reason waiting to ship to bootcamp. A poolee in the DEP will be shipping to the recruit depot no more than 1 yr. after becoming a poolee. A poolee card is just a stupid little laminated card they get saying they are a member of the Delayed Entry Program, I have no idea where the term "poolee" comes from.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    "Poolee" comes from the fact that they are in the "DEP Pool." Never got a "dep card" What the F*CK is that?

It's a little card, a business card with thin laminate over it that says "______ has passed the initial screening process towards becoming a US Marine" or something, you have to sign it and such. The one I got was like that anyway, came with another card of the same ilk that outlined behavioral policy. You shoulda got one, Livin, we enlisted around the same time I believe.

you know the way i see it....a poolee hasn't earned the right to try to use the military to there benefit to get out of stuff...now and active duty or active reservist they have......trust me military discounts are great....might sound kinda seflish and sh*t because i milked the military discounts...why i was active duty...

Yeah and they help even when you're out, my Dad has been out of the Air Force for a while now (did 20 years), but he still gets Military Discount when stores have Military sales.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Oh that thing. HAHA... yeah, I did get one. It think I put it in a drawer at home 'cause it didn't mean sh*t.

On a side note- DoD has decided that it's getting too expensive to change ID cards every time a Marine gets activated or goes off active duty, so the newest incarnations of the CACs will have no active/reserve status designation on them.

Yeah they're little more than a conversation piece.

It's not like you can waltz around acting like you're FBI with them, at all.

All I got was a bumper sticker and my recruiter checking up on me every couple of weeks to make sure I didn't change my mind.

I never got a card either... I got my shirt, book, water bottle, and sticker for my car and that was all...

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I think it is kinda funny how this thread really changed topics. What i meant when i started this post was how peoples reactions changed towards you not about how much you try to get out of trouble since becoming enlisted. I also think it is funny how as a poolee i meet alot of former Marines. I just got back from Cancun Mexico last night, while i was down there i was playin pool and i noticed that my opponent was sportin a high-n-tight so i said sir i noticed your haircut, are you former military? He then showed me a tattoo on his left arm, it was the picture of a bulldog with U.S.M.C. above it. I said Semper Fi and he seemed amazed. To make a long story short we talked about the Corps for about an hour and a half. After our discussion he thanked me for joining, shook my hand and i thanked him for his service to our country. That is the kind of stuff i expected to hear when starting this thread.

Don't assume that everybody likes Marines. In some cases they might actually hold it against you. I understand that a lot of times you will get off especially in a time of war but just remember that if you do get caught that you will still have your command to deal with. I know out around bases most police officers love to fry Marines

Thread Information