Perks of Being a Poolee
Create Post
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Perks of Being a Poolee

Have any of you poolees noticed a change in peoples attitude towards you since enlisting in the Marine Corps? I live in a rural area in northern Pennsylvania and i most certainly have. My grandparents own a bar in this area so i meet a lot of Veterans, all of which commmend me for enlisting and thank me for wanting to support our country in its time of need. I have also noticed a change in my teachers, they all help me more and want me to succeed. My parents have also given me more responsibilities and priveledges. I enjoy sitting at my grams bar and listening to the old war stories of the Veterans and their stories of sacrifice and triumph. It fills me with pride to be given the privelidge of interacting with the heros of our nation and giving me insight on my future in the United States Marine Corps. Thank you to all Marines and may i someday have the honor to be a brother to you all.

Registered User Free Member Pel's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I drive a 1968 Pontiac 400 firebird...

And lets just say I dont exactly go the speed limit...

So a def Perk of being a Poolee and having that dep card...

Is that I have gotten out of 7 tickits.

Just accidently give the officer your drivers license with your DEP card on the bottom, and happen to mention that if you get any more tickets your gunny will kill you, and pigs (er cops) become so much nicer.

One of the times was kinda cool too. I was pulled over right in front of one of my Sgt's house... And since ive been in the DEP almost a year the cop tryd to ask me for other proof that I was going into the military cause the card was looking old... I pointed at the guy mowing his yard and said that that was one of my recruiters. The cop went over and talked to him and than didnt even bother talking to me again just got in his car and drove away.

Out, Pel

Credits
    Savings
    nice! but i'm not sure you should call law enforcement officers pigs! 7 tickets thats crazy, i had an 89 mustang and i sold that so i get no tickets. My recruiter is pretty cool and the thing that he alwayus says to me is "Gillen i'm gonna drive you to the courthouse myself" it gives us poolees a good time because i always hear it! I live in a rural area there are no cops!! Hey when do you ship? and where? 20050627 PI

Credits
    Savings
    89 mustang, lol . Sorry, Muscle Cars are my life. And no true disrespect calling them pigs, I dont know them, so its not really a personal opinion just a name. And rural area so are no cops? luckyyyyyy....... I was in a "rural" area and got caught "rolling" a stop sign even though I CLEARLY stoped! can you beleive that? I ship 07112005 MCRDSD

^ Just okay, if not nasty....

^ Beautiful

Out, Pel

Credits
    Savings
    thats a 70 something, 2nd generation firebird. I agree that those should be scrap metal

That firebird is nice ( the black one ) the pony car was nice too the only thing i don't like about the pony car is it is a beutch car, now don't get me wrong that is my opinion and i know that will prolly get alot of you poolee going but that is just how i feel......to many alittle beucthes in my town has those cars..........

but yes being marine corps will get you out of alot of tickets...........i got out of one why i was in MOS school heading back to courthouse bay at lejuene. i was in ohio and a statey pulled me over doing 80 in a 55 and got out of it because he was a marine and so was he is LT and to top everything he and his LT was a combat engineer why they were in also so we ended up talking on the side of the road for about an hour about the marine corps......go figure...

Originally posted by Pel

Just accidently give the officer your drivers license with your DEP card on the bottom, and happen to mention that if you get any more tickets your gunny will kill you, and pigs (er cops) become so much nicer.

ya know, I'd REALLY watch who I call pigs, Poolee. there are ALOT of Vets out there, AND on here, who are officers of the law, who have done more than you ever will.

just some advice.

I have USMC veteran license plates on all my vehicles and it has come in handy a few times. So even after you get out, being a Marine has it's perks!

I heard that, Myself i have veteran plate on my truck also..........

0300poolee...you do indeed have a great opportunity to seek out advise from the veteran members of this site! I didn't have these resources available for me when i enlisted in the Corps. Use it to your advantage and always remember that you will be representing all your brothers....Good luck to you!

I got out of 3 tickets on boot leave, guess I was still used to doing everything w/ speed and intensity on my 10 days boot leave, and got pulled 3 times, got 2 warnings, and the third I was doing 90 in a 55 construction zone in my uniform, and a former Marine trooper pulled me, he gave me a reduced ticket, but it turned out my dad was friends w/ him and the trooper took care of the ticket for me, and then I got pulled a 4th time on Christmas leave on the way back to my base, another warning, lol. OORAH!!

Then on base a Navy policeman pulled me doing about 50 in a 25 on a base road in the middle of the night, and just told me to be safer while I"m out there havin fun, no ticket again. Am I lucky or what? Guess I should just slow down, lol.

myself i was riding my friend bike without a licence and got pulled over by a statey in ohio and i told him that i just got out of marine corps bootcamp and i didn't have anything else to drive or no way of getting anywhere and i was on my way to get my premit and he let me go..........just told me to go get my premit and a helmet....

Credits
    Savings
    i agree that a definate perk of being a poolee is being able to get out of speeding tickets. i myself have gotten out of three and i also noticed that my teaches treat me with more respect and give me alot of breaks when it comes to my assingments and my grades

I would have to say the FOOD DISCOUNTS I get when I wear my poolee shirt are the best perks.

Teachers are more leanient(pardon my spelling) on me as well because they know I am working out a lot and trying to do as much as I can b4 i leave.

Thread Information