Poolee functions
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings

Poolee functions

I remember a post exactly like this set up a few months ago, but since there's new people in here, I thought I'd try again. What do you poolees do for your poolee functions, and how often are they held?

Feel free all you Marines to respond of what you did when you were a poolee!

Mine are one Saturday every month. We run the IST and do a bunch of drills and motivation runs. We also take small quizzes on things like our general orders, military time, etc....

In indiana, we recently had a pool funtion that was held at grissom air force base. They brought in 3 drill instructors from san diego and let them loose on us. It kinda gave us an idea as to what we should expect in boot camp.

We also normally have pool functions on saturdays and we usually run an IST and learn marine corps history.

We have also done a water survival course, went rock climbing, laser tag.

But mostly PT

Credits
    Savings
    cool, all we do is pt, every Tuesday, and one Saturday a month. Last Tues. we RAN 9 miles! It was fun. Sometimes they quiz us also, but we focus on pt.

RSS Oceanside

Every Thursday either:
    PT or GYM:do w/e...bball, weights, aerobics, etc.
    ISMT and humps(w/light gear) on occassion

Once a month we do the IST at MCRDSD

Credits
    Savings
    Doesn't anyone have weekly pool functions, or is that just me?

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    in my town poolee functions are every wed. and they run and go over knowledge and what not

Pool Functions

In Texas RSS Amarillo our Pool functions are held one Satuday a month except for the Family Night with a female and Male DI.

For our Pool Functions we do an IST and then either do a curkit course, or have a nother activity. Like this next month we are suppose to do a swim excersize. and last month we went up against the Air force in soft ball. the month befor that we went repelling. Goodness it sounds like our recruiters are easy on us, but we do drill and do some motivation runs.

Ooorah!!!!!!!!!

Poolee Raff

In our office we do PT functions every Wensday, they are 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 Hr. long workouts and some times after we learn Marins Corps knowledge.

I am one of three Squad Leaders and it is something else to have to lead and keep people motivated.

Everyone that is here as a poolee stay motivated and be good to go on you ship date.

OOAH RAH GENTS

Semper Fi

You know when i was a poolee we didn't do a damn thing.....i was 25 when i went in and i worked a desk job (sitting on my azz for 8-10 hrs a day plus driving an hour one way to work) i thought they were gonna kill me in boot camp....i went in running the IST ( mile and half in like 20 minutes ) i did 17 pull-ups and my 100 crunches coming out of bootcamp and ran my 3 miles in 19 minutes and was doing 28 pull-ups and did 230-240 crunches in 2 minutes.......my PFT in the fleet was never below and 275 but i never could hit the 300 my run is what killed me on that. i always did my 100,20 but could never get my run time down. your pull-ups are your money maker......so make sure you all work on your pull-ups.......225 is first class PFT in the fleet ( 200 ) if your 27 or older so i was 30 when i got out.....

Marine Free Member p8ntballsnipr1's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    this poolees funtions are held every tuesday and every thursday, are rarely cancelled and if u show up even 30 seconds late, you kissin the deck for the rest of the time the function goes on

Registered User Free Member boss302's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Hello ladies and gents, Marines and Poolees,

I'm new here and this is my first post. I would just like to briefly introduce myself.

I entered the DEP on March 31st of this year and am scheduled to ship May 31st.

MOS 65XX

Comin' out of RSS Chantilly, Virginia. We're just outside of Washington DC.

I am very excited about the things to come, and am glad there is a place around like this to answer the abundance of questions that I'm sure we all have.

All formalities aside, to reply to the thread-

RSS Chantilly holds monthly poolee functions which include IST's, quizzes on knowledge, drill, and sometimes guests come to talk to us and do some motivatin'.

There's also Bi/Tri weekly volunteer meetings for those who care to get a little extra exercise, or for those who need it

We just had Family Day on the 16th. We were champs from last year, but we came in third this year Congrats to RSS Fairfax, VA. Some of there Poolees were ANIMALS!

Any Poolees from this area?

Eh Guide, I was born in Amarillo, and I'll be visiting there soon to see family before I ship.

That's all for now, thanks.

Registered User Free Member Pel's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I am tuesday night Guide for my RSS.

Poolee Functions are held weekly with the option of tuesday or wensday nights. They usually go for about two hours sometimes longer.

Each poolee meeting always starts with 1-4 people back from Boot Camp up front telling us their life story and Boot Camp stories.

Once a month we do a IST or PFT

Im at 18 pull ups
    153 Crunchs
    And a 9:32

Than once a month we Play soccer or Combat frisbe, have fun with the puggle sticks, or motto run.

The other two meetings a month we go for a 5 mile indian run with a break every mile to get PT'ed, when we get back to the RSS we go over knowledge.

Than once a month on a saturday we have our NCOIC Meeting where gunny runs the meeting. We eather go play paintball, go on a two day Boot Camp experience, Get familliar with M16A2, Do any run our city might be holding for cancer or whatever gunny feels like doing.

Out, Pel

RSS Arlington

Every Thursday @ 1700, and also a once a month Saturday function. The 2nd Thurs. of every month is the IST. We focus on EVERYTHING in the knowledge book and some stuff not in there.

We start off with the workouts (pull ups, running, football, so on.) for the most part of the 2 hours there.(about an hour and fifteen min.) After that we have started to work on Drilling and then after 30 minutes (while still outside) we get quizzed on Leadership Traits, Rank Structure, and General Orders, and if we mess up...well you can guess what happens =D IT for everyone.

After that we go inside and the recruiters talk to us (or chew you out for not making IST, referrals, so on.) Then to close the function we sing the Marine Corps Hymn. Then we can go home.

OOOORAH!!

Originally posted by boss302

Any Poolees from this area?

Not a poolee yet but hope to be soon. I am in southeastern VA. just down the road from Norfolk.

Thread Information