Do You Have A Living Will ?

View Poll Results: Do You Have A Living Will ??

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 50.00%
  • No

5 50.00%
  • Too difficult to decide

0 0%
  • Will Do It Now

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Create Post

Do You Have A Living Will ?

The Terri Schiavo case has brought this important document to the attention of almost everyone.

Do you have a Living Will ??

THE BOSS AND I HAVE DO NOT RESUSCITATE ORDERS (DNR)
    IN ALL OF OUR PAPERS THAT WAY NO ONE HAS TO MAKE A DECISION FOR US.
    LET ME DIE HOLD A BAR B QUE THROW MY ASS IN IT AND SCATTER THE ASHES JUST LIKE I SPREAD ALL OF MY WILD OAT,S. END OF PROBLEM AND STORY

I have had a living will since I first heard of them at the age of 21. I gave copies of it to both my parents as well as both of my older sisters. In addition to that, my Doctor, and the hospital nearest to me all have notarized copies of it.

NO WAY NO HOW am i EVER being hooked up to a life support machine, and I also have a DNR order.

who do you talk to about that?

And no, I don't have one. I'm pretty sure there are more then just me out there who would like to know the who's and where's on this subject matter.

well, Believe it or not, you can get a program for about ten bucks at most wal-marts called PC attorney, that will allow you to make up a living will.

Of course, you'd still need to get it notarized and all of that.

best thing to do is talk to a lawyer. most of em have free consultations around here.

A Trust, (Also a good idea), and a Living Will done by an attorney runs about $1500 around here. It provides the "Power of Attorney" as well. It's a very important part.

Web Results1-10 of 71,815 containing DNR order. (0.11 seconds)
    Results
    DNR during Anesthesia and Urgent Procedures: Case 2/Ethical Topic in ...
    ... The surgeon suggests that the patient, because of her cardiac status and age, should have a DNR order in the chart. Do you agree? Discussion Return to DNR during Surgery | Go to Case 1

eduserv.hscer.washington.edu/bioethics/topics/dnrauc2.html Cached page
    DNR during Anesthesia and Urgent Procedures: Case 1/Ethical Topic in ...
    ... for right below the knee amputation (BKA) for vascular insufficiency. His chart carries a DNR order. In the holding area prior to surgery, the anesthesiologist discusses the DNR order with Mr. S ...

eduserv.hscer.washington.edu/bioethics/topics/dnrauc1.html Cached page
    Show more results from "eduserv.hscer.washington.edu".
    Department of Natural Resources
    ... 447-2757) Or make your reservations online • DNR Invites Mothers and Daughters to Step Outside for ... Fund! Visit the Secretary of State Web site to order your loon plate today! Quick Links • State of ...

www.michigan.gov/dnr Cached page
    Louisiana Department of Natural Resources
    ... Conservation and Texas Commission agree in MOU pact DNR Provides Lesson on Science and Safety Issue Statewide Order No. 29-L-3 - Termination of Oil and Gas ...

www.dnr.state.la.us Cached page
    SONRIS Integrated Applications
    www.sonris.com Cached page
    DNR, Inc. Home Page
    ... Solutions are derived from natural energy resources Sign In to Shop: Most Popular Links: DNR, Inc. Order-Only Line 1-800-886-6222 Contact Us Home • Privacy Policy • Return Policy Entire site ...

www.dnrinc.com Cached page 3/30/2005
    Comfort Care/ DNR Order Verification Program - Main Page
    ... nurse practitioner or physician assistant for a Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) order; an order directing that the individual not be resuscitated in the event of cardiac or ...

www.mass.gov/dph/oems/comfort/ccare.htm Cached page
    Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) Order
    State of Illinois Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) Order I, ___________________________________ , (print full name) DO NOT AUTHORIZE CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION. I (or my legal representative) understand ...

www.idph.state.il.us/public/books/DNR.pdf Cached page PDF file

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    After whatever of my organs, that can be used to assist others are used (I'd have to be really, really dead..if you know what I mean), I'd like to be tossed into the Atlantic Ocean. That way none of my love ones will ever get lost in a cemetary looking for my tombstone. All they will have to do is point to the Atlantic Ocean, the same ocean that brought my parents and loved to this great country, the same ocean that both of my sons have traversed and say, "He's out there somewhere".

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Not only do I have a living will, I have a medical power of attorney that allows the kid to do what is right - that is a little piece of paper a lot of folks forget - get one.

And I am with Gary - cremation and the the ashes get thrown off the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge - Hey, I am from Brooklyn, after all.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I have a living will,Durable POA(Medical & everything),a will, and DNR. Good things to have had them for a while. Keep a sticker on the front door and the medical information and living will,along with med list in the refrigerator door in a plastic bottle provided by the rescue squad. Good stuff to have. Also my family is aware. My bride has everything to except the bottle in the fridge door. Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

$1500 for a living will? I've done them for free for as long as I have been a lawyer. Go see a lawyer on this. It is TOO IMPORTANT to try and do them yourself! BTW, here in Illinois we don't do "Living Wills" in the strictest since of the term, any longer. We use the "Statutary Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care" which provides a MUCH better approach.

Thread Information